No announcement yet.

R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got final grades back. Passed that intermediate fluids class with a B. I am officially done. Just killed my interview this morning too. I'm a big boy now.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

semester ends in two days yoooo, on my way to being a sophomore in college
      1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Hey assholes. I'm DONE WITH THIS BITCH! Wooohooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
          Hey assholes. I'm DONE WITH THIS BITCH! Wooohooo!
          Congrats homie

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Thanks brother. Congrats in becoming a man ;)

Comment

Stoked to see you guys doing well!

I was getting absolutely trampled in ME my first 3 years, catching all bad breaks and needing to retake a class every semester, even had to file an exemption to retake a class twice and was worried I might've wasted my time here. Got a B in it and everything else last semester finally snapping that painful streak and so far have three A's I wasn't even expecting this semester. And the only thing I did differently was beginning 21 year old activities.

It was torture and friends were telling me to figure out something else to do but hopefully looks like not giving up was the right choice.

Comment

Its been a while since I've posted on the forums in general. I miss it.

School has gotten so busy since I've entered my professional program. I have just ONE SEMESTER LEFT. Thesis. I got this....I think.
                I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

went into my final for poly sci with an A in the class knowing i can bomb it is a nice feeling like ehh i can fail this and still get an A so w/e let do this!

Comment

Graduated!!!!!!!!!!! WE OUT HERE!!! MAKING MOVES!!!

Now to start applying to grad school...and working...
                    '91 325i

Comment

OfficIally a husky alum
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                        Graduated!!!!!!!!!!! WE OUT HERE!!! MAKING MOVES!!!

Now to start applying to grad school...and working...
                        Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        OfficIally a husky alum
                        Congrats guys

Comment

I've been bullshitting about going back to school for a few years now because of all the things I hate about my job(Aircraft Structures Mechanic) and many of the people I work with.

Finally said fuck it this year and applied for B.Eng with BSc as a backup to set me up for an easy-ish jump over to B.Eng at year 2

Now the problem with that, is that I've been accepted to the BSc, but I'm stuck on the waiting list for B.Eng.

I'm not fucking around this time (Fourth Post-Secondary program over the past 10 years, and I always rolled with the punches and took the path of least resistance, which got me nowhere good), so I used some connections set up a meeting with the Associate Dean of Engineering later today to introduce myself see what I can do to squeeze through the door.

Anyone here ever tried to do that? Any successes or terrible failures to report?
                          Last edited by Northern; 06-29-2016, 09:40 AM.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Went better than expected, super chill older guy, friendly and happy as hell, thick African accent.

Essentially he said they send out 400 admissions letters with a deadline of 2 weeks, then cut anyone who doesn't pay their deposit by 2 weeks after that deadline. Then they adjust their numbers and send out another batch of ~200 letters sometime july/early august to hit their mark of 600.

Worst case, he said to email him in august, and he'll override course selection for me to get into Statics/Eng calc/design I as long as there is room to do so, then after first semester attrition, I could switch over without needed to do any summer courses.

Still going to be fucked financially for four years(and probably a long time after) but I'm pumped to get out of here.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              Went better than expected, super chill older guy, friendly and happy as hell, thick African accent.

Essentially he said they send out 400 admissions letters with a deadline of 2 weeks, then cut anyone who doesn't pay their deposit by 2 weeks after that deadline. Then they adjust their numbers and send out another batch of ~200 letters sometime july/early august to hit their mark of 600.

Worst case, he said to email him in august, and he'll override course selection for me to get into Statics/Eng calc/design I as long as there is room to do so, then after first semester attrition, I could switch over without needed to do any summer courses.

Still going to be fucked financially for four years(and probably a long time after) but I'm pumped to get out of here.
                              You'll also find that a lot of your experience in the field will help in some of the more technical classes. Good luck with your classes! hopefully this will lead to a more enjoyable career.
                              '91 325i

Comment

Two days in and Im already struggling... Gotta find some motivation and quick

My Phys2 prof told us on monday that, "The retention of knowledge rate for the class is 20-40%." Whats the point of even having a class like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X