No announcement yet.

The e30 gods have punished me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP is definitely only blaming himself, as has been said in this thread already he has the correct attitude for the situation.

It sounds like you already know this, but get out from underneath that car asap.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

You know, it's been a while since I've seen something this dumb pop up on here. However, that being said, I'm glad that the OP has taken full responsibility for this and has hopefully learned a couple valuable lessons...

1. Do not ever abandon your E30. Remember that it is an older car, but it's as reliable as you allow it to be.
      2. Doesn't matter what kind of car it is, if you don't know it inside and out and can do a thorough inspection on the spot...GET A FUCKING PPI!!!!!!!!!

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way. I truly hope this was a worthwhile experience that you will remember for the rest of your life.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

ahhhhhh classic r3v lives on :)

Comment

The e30 gods have punished me.

If I find an F30 that has been rear ended I will buy the used sport steering rack. If not I think I will just try and sell it for 10k as it is. The whole thing that the BMW tech told me about the loud engine and how these N20s are known to fail is fucking scary. Losing 7k isn't as bad as losing 14k. I should have the title in a few more weeks and it is clean so I'm sure some other scammer will buy it. Half ass fix all the shit then sell the car to someone else and claim it's never been crashed. The only good thing is the BMW dealership did a ton of free work for me because they know I'm fucked. Have never heard of a dealership doing free work. They must feel really bad. They said the guy who owned it before came in and got quotes to fix all that months ago. He knew every single thing wrong with that car. BMW has all the records of the quotes they gave him. If this wasn't Oregon I could sue him. Oregon just has super loose laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I still find it surprising that you have no legal recourse. Sounds like you have proof he knew about the problems. I know you say you've got no recourse but do your parents have any lawyer friends you could get a little free advice from?

Comment

I don't think passing it onto some other poor sucker is the right thing to do.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I never said that, I said sell it as is and put all the problems it has on the Craigslist ad. Which is only needs a new steering rack and a new oil pan. After that the car will be fixed. The wheel bearing they said it might be going bad, not bad at this point. And the engine running loud is a common problem. They just said that mine seemed a little louder.

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                  I never said that, I said sell it as is and put all the problems it has on the Craigslist ad.
                  Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                  I should have the title in a few more weeks and it is clean so I'm sure some other scammer will buy it. Half ass fix all the shit then sell the car to someone else and claim it's never been crashed.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Agreed. You sound like you're about to do what was just done to you.

Comment

Ok, I see the misunderstanding. I was saying that I will sell it with all problems stated and then let someone else half as fix it and try to make their money. I didn't mean I was going to half ass fix it and sell it.

Comment

Yeah the wording is ambiguous but that wasn't what he meant. He's not saying he's going to do that I think he means the person he sells it too might try to jetry rig all the issues and sell if off.

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                          Yeah the wording is ambiguous but that wasn't what he meant. He's not saying he's going to do that I think he means the person he sells it too might try to jetry rig all the issues and sell if off.

This

Comment

Fix the car, Drive the car, engine a car most folks cannot enjoy at a young age.. yeah you got ripped off, yes its a life lesson, but the bones are there, fix it up and enjoy the darn thing.

Comment

^^ fix it. Drive it. Enjoy it.

Comment

Even if it had no problems at all I would want to sell it. Having a big loan to pay off this young sucks. I thought the car would be worth it and make me happy. Most you guys are adults, you guys have mortgages, car payments, all types of insurance, kids. I know there are some people on here with all that. I have my whole adult life to worry about making payments. I would like to be debt free during highschool. Obviously I had to learn that as I didn't believe my parents when they told me. Once again my fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X