Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see if I can make it to this years Dockweiler...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Spent the morning today ripping through the Malibu mountains in the e30 for the first time in a while and wow, you really feel like a celebrity in an e30 right now. Everyone wants to wave and chat about the car everywhere you go. What a blast.

-NICK

Comment

Anyone know anything about electric vehicles. My wife has a ford c max and its time for a tire replacement. She asked me to help her look for tires but the tires she has on her car are the kind to get max mpg and cost about 1k for all 4. I told her a tire is a tire and got quoted 460 for an all weather tire falken brand. The tires she has on her car have like 70,000 something miles on them. I just find it hard that if you put some other kind of tire on her car it will lose mpg. Any input? Lol sorry I know this is a e30 thread and we get shit mpg

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          Anyone know anything about electric vehicles. My wife has a ford c max and its time for a tire replacement. She asked me to help her look for tires but the tires she has on her car are the kind to get max mpg and cost about 1k for all 4. I told her a tire is a tire and got quoted 460 for an all weather tire falken brand. The tires she has on her car have like 70,000 something miles on them. I just find it hard that if you put some other kind of tire on her car it will lose mpg. Any input? Lol sorry I know this is a e30 thread and we get shit mpg

Yeah it’s true, I forgot the science behind them but it will increase mpg because of less rolling resistance just to start. While everything else all season/ uhp etc. in my experience a friend of mine put continental tires that were all season and lost as much as 5mpg avg. then again it depends on city driving/highway driving. My wife, has a Kia and it came with expensive Michelin tires and when we put continental pure contact, her avg went from 33 to 26. Lots of highway driving.

In my perspective I feel there is always a draw brack. Like the gas saving tires cost more and some of them don’t last but you save gas so you pay upfront and save as you go, versus cheap tires. Tires are cheap.. nothing to complain because I got them cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
            Yeah it’s true, I forgot the science behind them but it will increase mpg because of less rolling resistance just to start. While everything else all season/ uhp etc. in my experience a friend of mine put continental tires that were all season and lost as much as 5mpg avg. then again it depends on city driving/highway driving. My wife, has a Kia and it came with expensive Michelin tires and when we put continental pure contact, her avg went from 33 to 26. Lots of highway driving.

In my perspective I feel there is always a draw brack. Like the gas saving tires cost more and some of them don’t last but you save gas so you pay upfront and save as you go, versus cheap tires. Tires are cheap.. nothing to complain because I got them cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks for your input. I told her to just get the ones recommended for her car but I think she wants to get rid of it. She got alot of use out of her stock tires and she drives alot.

Comment

I know I’m kinda technologically dumb, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post photos from Flickr using a phone. On the webpage I can’t even get a link for the photo. On the app I can hold on the photo and get a link, but it’s just the link to the Flickr page that the photo is on. I tried deleting some parts of the link to make it work, but all I get is a blank box every time. Anyone know how to do it? iPhone btw, I don’t own a computer so that’s not a real option.

Damn Photobucket communists
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                I know I’m kinda technologically dumb, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post photos from Flickr using a phone. On the webpage I can’t even get a link for the photo. On the app I can hold on the photo and get a link, but it’s just the link to the Flickr page that the photo is on. I tried deleting some parts of the link to make it work, but all I get is a blank box every time. Anyone know how to do it? iPhone btw, I don’t own a computer so that’s not a real option.

Damn Photobucket communists
                The only dumb part is how you cant really link flickr from your phone. you need a desktop... I use tapatalk from my phone but flickr from home. Id suggest getting tapatalk and paying a few bucks to avoid the ads. Its the only app Ive spent money on and it was like $5
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

acouple years ago i tested the windows rolled up vs down using megasquirt seeing the data right in front of my face.
                  got 3mpg increase @ 70 mph.

i'm not going to do it cuz i'm too lazy but do you think the stock 29psi vs 60psi there will be a mpg improvement? by how much?
                  how much psi do you have to use on those c-max special tires? is a 185 the same as a normal 185?

Comment

Can someone PM (or text) me Nigels #? (einstein87 or something) I lost it when my phone decided to be a sh!thead
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Happy New Year guys.

-NICK

Comment

Happy New Year from Fredrik!

Comment

That license plate frame is so dope
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            That license plate frame is so dope
                            Just wait till I get my new license plate lol

Comment

I just ordered mine actually, 'STR8 AF'.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                                I just ordered mine actually, 'STR8 AF'.
                                Lmfao

Comment

Working...
                                X