Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metric mechanic 3.2L iX

This should be interesting

Professionally built Bimrtechnik Ultimate BMW E30 iX 3.2L-Available at NO RESERVE at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2018!!! This vehicle will cross the block on January 15th 2018 in docket slot #27.

Complete documentation provided for nearly $50,000 in parts and paint in addition to a massive investment of labor. Less than 2000 miles of shakedown and tuning since completion of extensive custom build and restoration including full glass out refinish in original Alpine white with all new trim, grilles, windshield, dash panel, custom black headliner, brushed black enamled exterior trim and custom black/tan interior using all factory parts. 2016 Colorado Concours de Elegance 1st place class winner! Incredible performance with unmatched reliability.

Full Metric Mechanic drivetrain including balanced and blueprinted 3.2L Rally/Sport high compression stroker with all forged internals plus H beam rod upgrade, MM Pulse Chamber intake manifold, 24lb injectors, MAF conversion, Miller Performance WAR chip, SuperSprint headers, full stainless exhaust, MM Ultimate Getrag 260 transmission with custom ratios, (Close Ratio 1st-4th w/ overdrive 5th allow cruising at 3700rpm @ 90mph), new OEM transfer case, lightened/balanced MM flywheel w/ 240mm M5 clutch and 4.10 differentials with LSD rear. H&R springs, Bilstein dampers, Stoptech brakes front and rear, new 17x8.5 wheels with new 235/40ZR17 Yokohama tires, Turner Motorsport chassis and sway bar reinforcement kit all new OEM front lower control arms, bushings, sway bar links, full Z3 2.7 turn steering rack conversion with custom heim-jointed tie rods and a lot more...

This already very clean, straight, and relatively low mileage (155k), 1989 BMW e30 325iX coupe has been extensively restored and expertly modified by a factory trained, and fully certified BMW Master Technician, using only OEM components, and the most proven upgrades available in the aftermarket. Offering significantly improved handling, braking, and reliability, with substantially more horsepower and torque than an E30 M3 (while retaining factory all-wheel drive) this vehicle delivers the acceleration of an E46 M3, but is also extremely capable in all weather conditions. This stunningly finished automobile exhibits impressive yet refined performance in all measures that define a thoroughly conceived and well executed Ultimate Driving Machine. BMW produced 358 manual iX coupes for the North American market versus 5300 E30 M3s making this vehicle rare by comparison. Every aspect of performance and reliability has been considered in making this BMW the Ultimate powerful, balanced, and reliable classic. Full documentation and reciepts provided as well as build book, all original manuals and complete original tool kit.
    do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offersl
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

50k in work seems a bit steep when that reads like its without labor added in. Hope it finds a nice home.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Shiiiiiiiit that is clean ix, i love it..I want some day that stroker kit i mean not that when that price is so high, but 3.1L, that would be so epic in ix
      https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
      https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        50k in work seems a bit steep when that reads like its without labor added in. Hope it finds a nice home.
        Might not be far off actually. Paint plus the bill from MM alone was probably 20k lol.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
        Rear Diff Rebuild
        Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
        Transfer Case Rebuild
        "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

MM isn't cheap.

That being said, I do want one of their Getrag 265 rebuild kits with billet shift parts.

Comment

50k in work and he couldn't find black carpet/door panels? Haha
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Link to Barrett Jackson https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...M-COUPE-214497

Comment

one of my old Diamondschwartz iX's (1989) w/ MM motor is floating around somewhere. The owner i sold it to in 2009 (RIP), dropped coin in putting one in. I forget which MM motor he put in though.
                www.instagram.com/snwmble
                #snwmble

Current:
                '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Neat to see an ix at such a big auction. However, these days, I wouldn't be drooling so much over an MM 3.2 build - you could do much better for a lot less money, just look at the stuff RHD is doing.

This coming somebody who built an M20 using MM's help more than 10 years ago..
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm not registered can anybody comment on final sales price? A couple nice examples popped up recently.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

0-60 freak posted on r3v facebook that he was at the auction. looks like the car sold for $27,000
                      84 325e, Saphirblau Metallic/Houndstooth Sport, OBD-2 M52B28/ zf320

Comment

Originally posted by yngtmr View Post
                        0-60 freak posted on r3v facebook that he was at the auction. looks like the car sold for $27,000
                        That’s stupid high. I guess either 2 people really wanted it or the owner wasn’t really selling it and had 2 shell bidders run the price up.

This actually happens a lot.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by yngtmr View Post
                          It sold for $ 29700 according to Barrett Jackson's site.
                          What I would really like to know is how they pulled off a z3 rack swap.....

Comment

DirtyEthirtyIX I was just asking myself the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by madman23 View Post
                              DirtyEthirtyIX I was just asking myself the same thing.
                              Kinda makes me question the rest of the build, its not like a rwd car where it is a direct swap and common upgrade. anyone new to building an ix would find out really fast its not possible. I get the feeling they just started padding the stats with that claim, but it does include supporting documentation so I guess it's up to the new owner to verify it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X