Now for sale: Technoviolet 1998 Auto M3 Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now for sale: Technoviolet 1998 Auto M3 Vert

Thinking about selling my Technoviolet 1998 M3 convertible.

The car is in immaculate shape and has been well cared for. It sits on 18 inch MetalFX wheels with new continental tires. A/C, computer, power seats, lights, etc all work perfectly. Appears to have euro glass front headlights.

It is an automatic and has 188K miles on it. Dove Gray leather seats in decent condition. Looks like PO may have replaced front seat bottoms at some point.

I will post pictures soon but just wondering if folks had an idea of the value of the car given the rare color. I was thinking about offering it at $6500.

Need funds to complete my M30 swap into my 1991 E30 so this one has to go soon. Black car in pix is not for sale.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CharMick; 05-10-2018, 04:09 AM. Reason: Title Change

Maintenance records & other questions...

Any idea of when the cooling system was last replaced?

Has any of the suspension components been replaced?

OEM wheels available?

Comment

Maintenance and other items

Truthfully, I do not know when the cooling system was refreshed or if there was suspension work done.

The radiator looks fairly new and I have never had to add coolant. The car runs with the temperature indicator straight up and down, even with the A/C on.

The car has been flawless for me so I have not had to get under the hood for anything other than oil changes (Rotella T6 5w40) and filters.

I don't know if there was suspension work done but the car handles beautifully and, to me, looks a bit lower than other E36 models I've seen. Could just be the low-profile tires.

I've only seen one other Technoviolet M3 and it was a faded M3 coupe that had lived a hard life. Hard to tell from the pictures but the finish on this car is in awesome shape...garaged its entire life.

I use it rarely in the summer and never in the fall or winter.

Comment

Wheels

Sorry, OEM wheels are not available. I wasn't crazy about these wheels when I first saw the car but they have grown on me and the extra width ensures tons of grip.

Comment

Just a suggestion, Larger photos in pictures that show details.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah...had a hard time downsizing photos from the 4mb size my phone takes. I will take some better ones in the sunlight later this week.

Comment

$6500 would be on the steep side, in my opinion. I sold my '97 Byzanz/Champagne auto M3 on BaT for $6,666 but that was also about 3 months before the E36 prices to rocket out of control. Link is attached and best of luck!

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1997 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,537.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Updated with large images

Finally got some nice weather and pulled the car out of the garage to get some pictures in the sunlight. Let me know what you think. Still looking in the $6500 range.

Here is a link to my Google Photos album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jkEjlapOLPz1Zdz93

Comment

Damn those wheels are hideous, but looks like a fairly clean car otherwise. GLWS.

Comment

Now for sale in Overland Park, Kansas Craigslist!

Comment

For sale....$5900

Updated price. Would love to see it go to a nice new home.

Comment

Sold

$5K. Sad but went to someone that will enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                        X