Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone must have listened to my Birthday wish last night...
    Learn more about Daytona Violet 6-Speed: 1995 BMW M5 Touring on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.
    My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
    http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Again, it was another buyer who joined January 2018..

At least with eBay, you can cancel bids if they seem sketchy or the person has ZERO history. BAT needs to better vet bidders - this isn't the first time it's happened, and sure its a smaller number, but they also are so flooding their pages with auction, it's going to appear to be a smaller issue. But when it's someone like Austin (single private seller) it burns their image. And he's going to tell 5 people, who'll tell 5 people... Sales 101.
      We've heard of this happening from more than one person, and this forum is only dedicated to one model of car from one brand. Thinks about how often this must happen across all listings.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

If you looked at your agreement as well, they do have the option of turning a "Reserve not met" in to a sale by paying the difference against the highest bidder. I have only heard of that being used a couple times, but then what does the Final Value fee look like? Is it the reserve or the highest bid amount? Isn't that artificial inflation of the market? BAT has changed the collector car market, it'll be interesting to see where it is as a company in 5-10 years.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

And, on the other side of the coin, I've heard several very unhappy stories from buyers. Including a close friend who bought a 911 on BAT and when it arrived from FL it wasn't quite as described. BAT doesn't seem to offer any recourse for buyers. While buying on BAT is exciting I would probably buy on ebay before I considered BAT.
          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Yer welcome
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

austin, that is some bullSHIT. i'm sorry, man.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Yeah sorry to hear that Austin. I figured the car was paid for before he asked for the additional work.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,500.

Comment

Terrible news. BaT controls it too by not letting commenters share contact information and also by not allowing cars to be relisted. By not relisting people don't realize that cars don't actually sell. By not having a conversation forum on their site people can't talk about the sales that don't finish up.

It's a great site and has great potential, but they are collecting fees and taking no responsibility for what happens on their site -- it's kind of shitty.

Still -- my favorite email every morning

Comment

1990 325i on BAT

Its my car, let me know if you have any questions

Comment

Originally posted by mjposner View Post
                        Its my car, let me know if you have any questions

That was the one you recently were asking about, wasn’t it?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

"That was the one you recently were asking about, wasn’t it?" Yes that's mine.

Comment

The S52 racecar sold for $14k... I think that is a low number, am I alone?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

yes. :) Race cars never get their money back. Especially swapped ones.

Comment

Considering the cost of parts on that car, $14k is a good buy. Suspension and brakes are worth $6k retail.

Comment

Working...
                                X