Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjsilves View Post
    I replaced my coolant sensor too. Then the light was intermittent. I ended up slightly crimping the connector wires to make a better contact and that fixed it. When I originally drove the car home, the dash was lit up like a XMas tree - ABS, Brakes, Check Engine, Brake Light, Coolant, and one other I cant recall. Now I'm down to just the Check Engine..bastard!

Good luck with that trunk lock.
    Yea almost all of my lights are out, the brake light one will stay on usually because my brake light switch is spotty and I still need to crawl under the dash and replace mine. Other than that, they are basically all out... Takes some time, but is great when they are

Yea, the trunk lock is going to be fun.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but did you end up installing the poly donut on your steering shaft?

I've been considering installing one, but wasn't sure if the steering shaft vibrations would be a bit much for daily duties.

Diggin' the transformation, excited for the 5 speed swap!

Comment

I installed the red AKG one on my steering rack swap, I honestly don't notice any difference on vibrations etc.
        Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

^^ I installed one as well. I think it was the red AKG one. Definitely got more road chatter but its really nothing bad and I commute on some really horrible roads.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by Mwishlist View Post
            I installed the red AKG one on my steering rack swap, I honestly don't notice any difference on vibrations etc.
            Originally posted by wworm View Post
            ^^ I installed one as well. I think it was the red AKG one. Definitely got more road chatter but its really nothing bad and I commute on some really horrible roads.
            Sweet, thanks for the input guys

Comment

We didnt use it because of a misunderstanding. That linkage was from an airbag car, so I couldnt use it on mine
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Manual swap in your plans?
                1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                1967 2002 parts car
                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
                  Manual swap in your plans?
                  Yup, Im closing in on it, hopefully this year.

edit: Anyone know if the G240 can bolt up to the M20?
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 03-02-2018, 11:38 AM.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Yup, Im closing in on it, hopefully this year.

edit: Anyone know if the G240 can bolt up to the M20?

I think the m42 one can (not entirely sure) and I know the m10 cant because the m10 one can bolt right up to an m30.

I'll have a g260 and driveshaft available in a few months if you're looking for one...
                    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                      I think the m42 one can (not entirely sure) and I know the m10 cant because the m10 one can bolt right up to an m30.

I'll have a g260 and driveshaft available in a few months if you're looking for one...

I have been doing some research and it seems like I could use it, but I likely wont just because of some weird things I will need to do. Most doesnt seem too difficult, but I will just probably hold out and do the G260 swap properly. Definitely let me know when you have your stuff ready
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Personally I would just hold out for a 260. I ran into the same problem back when I was doing my 5 speed swap, and I opted to just take a chill pill and wait for the right parts to come around.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                          Personally I would just hold out for a 260. I ran into the same problem back when I was doing my 5 speed swap, and I opted to just take a chill pill and wait for the right parts to come around.
                          :up:

G260 has been purchased.

Just placed an order for some of the smaller items
                          - insulator boot & selector joint from Garagistic
                          - Guide Pins for the DSSR & New Giubo Bolts & Nuts from Ireland Engineering

I still need a few little things like the slave cylinder, probably replacing the clutch master and also the entire clutch setup...and then I need a driveshaft and likely a CSB to go along with it.

At that point, I should be ready to go. Im really hoping to have this all completed by the end of this month. I really cant wait to have a 5 speed E30 again. The auto has been mehhh at best, and only that feeling when Im sitting in traffic. Im hoping all of these smaller parts that Im buying new will get me a nice smooth shifting experience that I love with E30s
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

:up:

G260 has been purchased.

Just placed an order for some of the smaller items
                            - insulator boot & selector joint from Garagistic
                            - Guide Pins for the DSSR & New Giubo Bolts & Nuts from Ireland Engineering

I still need a few little things like the slave cylinder, probably replacing the clutch master and also the entire clutch setup...and then I need a driveshaft and likely a CSB to go along with it.

At that point, I should be ready to go. Im really hoping to have this all completed by the end of this month. I really cant wait to have a 5 speed E30 again. The auto has been mehhh at best, and only that feeling when Im sitting in traffic. Im hoping all of these smaller parts that Im buying new will get me a nice smooth shifting experience that I love with E30s
                            Are you planning on doing the install yourself? And how did the sssquid chip workout for you?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                              Are you planning on doing the install yourself? And how did the sssquid chip workout for you?
                              Sssquid Chip + 19# Injectors was worth the money, especially since my injectors were nasty.

I dont have the time/ patience/ space to do the swap myself. Im going to have ian take care of it for me. I trust his skills and the price is about 1/2 of the shop rate. Still not cheap, but worth it IMO
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Sssquid Chip + 19# Injectors was worth the money, especially since my injectors were nasty.

I dont have the time/ patience/ space to do the swap myself. Im going to have ian take care of it for me. I trust his skills and the price is about 1/2 of the shop rate. Still not cheap, but worth it IMO
                                Cool, I'm going to start collecting parts soon. I hope to get mine done by the end of the year.

Auto buddies:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X