Clear All

Looking good Charlie! Glad to see the E36 is going to be done soon
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
      What wheels and specs are you running now?
      16x9 0ET rota grids with 225/45 r888s, needed spacers int he front to clear the calipers and in the rear I matched the front to fill the flares
      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Looking good Charlie! Glad to see the E36 is going to be done soon
      Thanks! May have a lead on all the black body pieces I need, if so that will seriously speed things up. I miss this car so damn much... forgot how clean and nice it was/is. It will be a worthy daily driver
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
        Thanks! May have a lead on all the black body pieces I need, if so that will seriously speed things up. I miss this car so damn much... forgot how clean and nice it was/is. It will be a worthy daily driver
        That will be great! Im hoping to have the E30 5-speed swapped this month and also get the header installed on the Roadster. At that point, I plan to just enjoy the cars for a while... the Roadster needs to some track/ autox time
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Do you have a build thread for your E36?

Comment

Pls drop a build list for that E36, the e30 is getting even better each day.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              That will be great! Im hoping to have the E30 5-speed swapped this month and also get the header installed on the Roadster. At that point, I plan to just enjoy the cars for a while... the Roadster needs to some track/ autox time
              Good stuff! Yea you owe some canyon cruises to us....
              Originally posted by Rain30 View Post
              Do you have a build thread for your E36?
              Kinda... theres one on bimmerforums that I haven't updated in years, and one on r3v that I started and haven't returned to. I'll probably cross post both again soon.
              Originally posted by Jokester View Post
              Pls drop a build list for that E36, the e30 is getting even better each day.
              Thanks man. The original list/photos are at the beginning of this thread if they still work from photobucket

- rebuilding the m52 (has s52 cams and m50 intake)
              - refreshing the suspension (feal coilovers made for my spring rates, all new either m3 bushings or poly)
              - ssk and dssr
              - ltw flywheel
              - 3.23 lsd
              - bbs RKs 17x8.5
              - wilwood 4 piston bbk all around
              - m3 oem exhaust
              - e46 330 steering rack
              - rewrapped m3 3-spoke steering wheel
              - morimoto fxr hid headlight retrofit
              - probably a mild wire tuck in the engine bay
              - rallyroad strut bar
              - oil, water, oil pressure gauges
              - eibach swaybars
              - full audio (stereo, sub + amp, mids + amp = HU driving the front door middle mids, amp driving the regular mids/tweeters, and another amp driving the sub in a custom enclosure int he ski pass)

Lots of other small details but that's mostly it. It's a great car. I love it to death.
              Shadetree30

Comment

what spring rates are you running? also what's your tire choice as it is a DD but still has to be sporty:devil:

Comment

Any updates on the brake ducts? I'm interested in how you routed and secured the hoses.
                  I haven't even installed my plates yet.
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  My M60 V8 swap thread here
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    what spring rates are you running? also what's your tire choice as it is a DD but still has to be sporty:devil:
                    In the e36? 9kg front 11kg rear, or about 504lb front and 616lb rear tire wise I will have to look whats available these days for the 17x8.5 wheels. I used to have michelin pilot sports and those were nice tires. I also liked the bfg sport comp 2s that were on the e30, but I dunno if they're available in that size. I also like some of continentals summer tires. It'll probably come down to price.
                    Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                    Any updates on the brake ducts? I'm interested in how you routed and secured the hoses.
                    I haven't even installed my plates yet.
                    lol I haven't installed mine either. Have all the parts sitting on the shelf. I'll definitely do it before the next track event. I have a handful of ideas to put it together but I need to finish the e36 and get it driving before I do any more "fun" e30 projects.

Went autocrossign at camarillo this past weekend. It was fun as hell. The e30 is a monster and feels fantastic. Can't wait to go back. I'll post pictures soon. Oh and I was VERY fast. Put down some smoking fast times.
                    Shadetree30

Comment

probably cuz of all that mechanical grip you got now
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                        probably cuz of all that mechanical grip you got now
                        Most definitely. This was my first time autocrossing on the r888s. God its addicting. Now I really want to know what driving on slicks feels like.... I want more grip!!! Also experimented with removing the rear swaybar. The difference wasn't as drastic as I thought, but I did notice what I'd say was "less tail out behavior" as in the back end could/would still easily kick out, but not as severly and came back quicker

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                        Shadetree30

Comment

what spring rates are you running? Are you still on megans?
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                            what spring rates are you running? Are you still on megans?
                            8kg front 10kg rear swift springs. Still on the megans. Maybe I ought to look into having them custom rebuilt. There's a shop nearby that can do it. Basically they replace all the internal components/fluid with much better parts. It's a new custom shock inside the original megan housing. They can also set it up with remote reservoirs
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what does your tint guy charge for his time? You can PM if thats easier, just wondering, looks like he did a good job!
                              Last edited by semaj4712; 03-23-2018, 11:23 PM.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                              Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Damn Charlie, the ammount of detail and work ethic that you put into this thread/ your car just amazes me. Car is badass man. Keep up the good work!
                                Originally posted by dvck
                                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X