No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this to be interesting. https://www.faa.gov/news/safety_brie...Procedures.pdf

I guess if all your navigation, and radios are out, you signal that to the chase plane by just switching on-off your nav lights off and on at random. As if to say "Yea, I'm messed up"

2nd favorite is when they cut in front of you, deploys flares, as if to say...."follow me or else."
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by FLYNAVY View Post
      The Lord's Chariot......I miss her.......
      No, that would be an E30 M3....

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        No, that would be an E30 M3....

Will
        haha fair
        e92 M3
        e30 M3 s52 swap
        w203 C240 wagon (DD)
        190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

What happens when you have the nicest Lockheed PV2 Harpoon in the country? You get another. The Stockton Aviation Museum revived a former air tanker about 8 years ago that was about to be scrapped. They got it sorted and flew it out. As it turned out, it was a rare Harpoon.

Skip forward 8 years. The group acquired another one. This one has been sitting at the Nut Tree Airport for decades. It last flew in 1995. This happened over the weekend...

I wasn't there to see it, but I'll do my best to get over there to give them a hand.

Here is the thread that talks about the project.

A pic of mine that I shot a few years ago of it.

I can't wait to see it fly again.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Hell yea. When I was in Modesto, there was a bunch of older gents that were nuts about restoring these old birds. Must be the same group of guys? And that engine start up was glorious!
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Here is their restored Harpoon. Its got quite the story as well. Former air tanker.

Here is the rebuild thread about 062. These guys did an amazing job, and did it fast. http://www.warbirdinformationexchang...f2a52c4bddfa43

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

cool

Comment

I took my car to Blackhawk Cars and Coffee this last Sunday. On the way there I drove past the Livermore Airport and saw what my untrained eyes IDd as a P51 coming around to land. The noise those radials make...amazing. Does anyone have any idea if a P51 is hangared here in Livermore?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                    I took my car to Blackhawk Cars and Coffee this last Sunday. On the way there I drove past the Livermore Airport and saw what my untrained eyes IDd as a P51 coming around to land. The noise those radials make...amazing. Does anyone have any idea if a P51 is hangared here in Livermore?
                    There are several at Livermore. There is an NACA D model (tall tail) that is polished, as well as a very rare H model, but that hasn't flown in 60 years. You likely saw Mike Couches NACA bird. http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51...erial/44-84864

Stu Eberhard also is down in that area, he owns a D model called "Merlins Magic"
                    P-51D Mustang Survivor: 44-73129, N151SE, Merlin's Magic, Owner: Stu Eberhardt, Based: Livermore Ca - Status: Flying, Registry Past: N5480V, N51SL. World War II, North American P-51D-25NA Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

Could also have been Tony Banta in Kimbery Kaye.
                    P-51D Mustang Survivor: 45-11559, N451TB, Kimberly Kaye, Owner: Dane Jasper, Based: WY - Status: Flying, Registry Past: N5469V, N6451D, N34FF, N51WE. World War II, North American P-51D-30NT Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

There are quite a few P51s in the bay Area. Off the top of my head I think I can name at least 6.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Damn now I wish I had paid more attention! It was definitely polished, but I thought it had more red on it than yellow. 🤷waffles♂️

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        Damn now I wish I had paid more attention! It was definitely polished, but I thought it had more red on it than yellow. 🤷waffles♂️
                        Like I said, there are lots of them in the bay area. They do visit each other. There are (I think) 3 over in half moon bay, a couple down in Holster, one of the best restoration shops is in Salinas, there are two at Santa Rosa, two at Schellville (just up the road from Sears Point) although one of them hasn't seen the light of day in decades. I saw the other one out flying on Sunday. There is one at Nut Tree in Vacaville. I could almost say they grow on trees here.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Got my tailwheel rating finished up on Wednesday in our school's Super D. Now it's time to fly fun planes...or just keep flying 172's to build commercial time :)

I'll tell ya though the Super D is such a great flying plane. Very light and responsive on the controls...not to mention a little knife edge and 0 g here and there!
                          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

congratulations bud! I still don't have a tailwheel endorsement to this day.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              congratulations bud! I still don't have a tailwheel endorsement to this day.
                              Gotta get one! It’s a blast.

Comment

I bet! Single engine sea in a cub was also a blast
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X