WTB: E30 325i Convertible near Toledo, OH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: E30 325i Convertible near Toledo, OH

Looking for a 5 spd E30 convertible, and would prefer one near to me, as I like to touch and see a car in person before pulling the trigger. Don't care about miles as much as condition. Can't have rust. Bonus points for blue over tan. Let me know if you've got anything.

Edit: No red please.
    Last edited by Schmat; 03-19-2018, 04:19 PM.

What is your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by loemerich View Post
      What is your budget?
      I'd go up to 15k for the right car, but would prefer to be in or around the 10 grand and under crowd. I plan to drive it, and have little kids, etc. Just not looking for something with alot of chase, I'd prefer it ready to rock, especially upholstery and paint-wise.

Comment

M30 swapped, excellent paint, top and interior. Not too far away. Rebuilt trans. Brand New exhaust.

Blue top over natur. Alpine white.

Check my build thread.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
          M30 swapped, excellent paint, top and interior. Not too far away. Rebuilt trans. Brand New exhaust.

Blue top over natur. Alpine white.

Check my build thread.
          Can you link to details? I only see a grey car in your threads.

Comment

That's the E34. Beside it is the Vert.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I have a 93 (last week of production), 100% stock, 85k miles. Lot's of receipts. I am about 1.5 hours north of you. Send a PM if interested.

Comment

Sorry - just saw your edit. Never mind...

Comment

Well if you can stretch a little more, my 31k mile 1990 5 speed meets all of your criteria. Come to Florida for the weather, drive the E30 home, epic road trip! Heated seats for those cold nights too.

Comment

Originally posted by mjposner View Post
                    Well if you can stretch a little more, my 31k mile 1990 5 speed meets all of your criteria. Come to Florida for the weather, drive the E30 home, epic road trip! Heated seats for those cold nights too.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420943
                    You're actually only about 20 min north of my family in Lighthouse Point, and I had bid on your car on BaT. But I just don't need to pay the extra for a 31k mile car. It would be a great collector, but I'd get just as much joy out of something with substantially higher miles. Though if yours were blue/tan...

Comment

Theres 2 on Bring a Trailer, one ends in the next few minutes! haha go bid!!

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,672.

Its White over Blue, so opposite of what you want, and auto, but your budget will leave plenty or make it what you want

edit: If you are open to a Baur, theres a guy here in CA that is looking to sell his too. Its blue with a blue/black interior
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Theres 2 on Bring a Trailer, one ends in the next few minutes! haha go bid!!

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,672.

Its White over Blue, so opposite of what you want, and auto, but your budget will leave plenty or make it what you want

edit: If you are open to a Baur, theres a guy here in CA that is looking to sell his too. Its blue with a blue/black interior
                        Yea, the white one is tempting, but by the time you get the manual conversion... Plus, IOWA.

Comment

Schmat, think of it this way, pay extra for mine, drive 20k fun miles in 5 years and at the end you have a 50k mile car worth north of $20k, or buy a 100k mile car for 10k drive the same and in 5 years you have a 120k mile car worth 8k. I'll even deliver to Lighthouse Point, plus I will work with you on the price (my storage costs are killing me).

Comment

Originally posted by mjposner View Post
                            Schmat, think of it this way, pay extra for mine, drive 20k fun miles in 5 years and at the end you have a 50k mile car worth north of $20k, or buy a 100k mile car for 10k drive the same and in 5 years you have a 120k mile car worth 8k. I'll even deliver to Lighthouse Point, plus I will work with you on the price (my storage costs are killing me).
                            Well, I don't drive my daily driver more than 5k a year, so whatever one I ultimately buy will likely not rise in mileage. So, for me, the more likely scenario is I pay extra for your perfect car, my family and I drive it for 5 years, it accumulates a few knicks and scratches, and I end up with a less clean, 35k mile car that then gets nit picked to death over each tiny flaw on BaT, and I possibly break out of it for 15k.

Or, I wait for a pretty clean, rust free example with somewhere between 50 and 100k miles, I pay around 10 grand for it, depending on condition and miles, put a few more miles on it, and likely sell it for a profit at the end. Owning your car would scare me. The first time my kid ran their bike into it it would cost me 3 grand in devaluation.

Comment

bump - still looking

Comment

Working...
                              X