Late 80's Car Audio Magazine E30 M3 article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late 80's Car Audio Magazine E30 M3 article

So, super long shot, but I was big into car stereo back in the day and got Car Audio. One month they did a special on a white M3 with a high end stereo install. I think the article was called White Out?

Anyway, I would love to see a copy of this article. I am pretty sure they built an enclosure in the passenger foot well for the sub and made it look like the floor pan under the mat for stealth. I was still into muscle cars and I was thinking, how could anyone want a 4 cylinder?
    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

That's going to be hard to find.

I'm still searching for a 90's car alarm remote that had a 12 buttons on it ;) It existed. And it was amazing. You could remote everything. Even the late, great Steroinstaller1 had no clue it existed. Sigh.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Haha, Yeah I knew it was a total long shot! I can still see the damn article in my mind’s eye pretty clearly, just none of the details. Just a bummer it took me 30 years to come back around to e30s.

That remote seems familiar. I never saw one in person but it seems like I remeber seeing it in a magazine? I was an installer (using that term loosely) in the early 90’s and used to devour everything I could get my hands on about audio.
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

There was only two car audio magazines in the 90's that were on most racks.

"Car stereo review" that was more ads than anything IIRC.

The better one was "CAR AUDIO and electronics". With "and electronics" in small print. They would cover the car audio competitions, new stuff, but better yet... feature cars and their installs. I'm almost sure that is where you would have seen it.

I bet if you track down the editor of each, they might remember. When you edit a publication, you kinda are married to it, and remember things. Or you can search on ebay/amazon if you think you can remember the cover.

Comment

Yeah it was car audio, I was a subcriber. I didn’t think
          About the editor route though. May have to give that a try. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            That's going to be hard to find.

I'm still searching for a 90's car alarm remote that had a 12 buttons on it ;) It existed. And it was amazing. You could remote everything. Even the late, great Steroinstaller1 had no clue it existed. Sigh.
            This one? My m3 has this installed in the 90s.

Comment

Well hot damn. That's totally it. You still have it? Can't read the logo, or the FCC iD.

Comment

It's a Quantum VSE alarm right? VSE also sold them as Derringers I think.

Comment

Yeah I still have it, yes quantum vse

Comment

Working...
                  X