New E30 325ix got ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 325ix got ideas

i got a new e30 325ix just recently for $3000 i sold my Honda to get it. it needs new front shocks but other than that not much what do you guys think i should do with this I'm open for ideas.....
    Attached Files

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Yep, I believe that will be the general consensus.

Comment

hahah

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

What do you want to do with it?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

NICE! Definitely PM Neil (TurboRefriculator). His car is the one pictured. I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction as he has learned quite a bit about the IX. Enjoy it, they are awesome cars!

Brian

Comment

How about lower it and do all the maintenance stuff it needs before moving on to anything else..
              PNW E30 Crew : 1991 E30 S50, 2000 E39 M5

sigpic

Follow my S50 build
              : MY S50 E30

Follow me on instagram : @damendesign

E30 T-Shirts | M3 T-Shirts /Prints

Comment

Best decision in your life was selling a Honda to get an E30. Start of by throwing in some Bilstein sports with H&R lowering springs.
                sigpic

Comment

That reminds me a LOT of my own car - minus the dented fender and wheels.

When I got it 6 years ago:

now:

first things I would do with that car:

1. change timing belt/tensioner/water pump
                  2. check transfer case fluid level, flush fluid if dirty, save old fluid in a jar and let it settle (watch for goey sillicone junk seperating from the ATF).
                  3. check lubrication on front transfer case splines - use the original lubrication BMW did and NOTHING else
                  4. fluid levels in both diffs and transmission
                  5. watch for ripped CV boots! the front boots are less than $20 each but if you let them go you'll be looking for rare and expensive CV shafts instead.

everything else is regular E30 maintenance stuff. They don't make bilstein sports for our cars, but I don't think it even matters since there is very little travel either way once you lower an ix - I have konis and maybe 2.5" of travel. you could do H&Rs if you're just going to daily it, but personally I'd skip them and go with height adjustable perches and eibach springs, or keep stock springs with bilsteins and enjoy your ride. ;)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nice. That's been posted on craigslist for ages. I was really starting to wonder why no one was grabbing it up cause it looked like a steal. I've sold cars on there in 20 mins! I was soo tempted to look but I have enough to deal with with the 325is..
                    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny4square View Post
                      i sold my Honda to get it.
                      Good move, man. If you want ideas, go to the Picnic.

Make sure you RSVP.

Welcome to R3V!
                      Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

really though, ix's are cool. but a pain in the butt. And more expensive to maintain than a regular e30

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Awesome car take care of it! That silver Ix have blacked out lights to give it that look? And lowered with what?

Comment

dude, this thread is 7 years old. lol
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X