X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91' 318is S52 Swap "The Beast"

Hey r3v
    !
    This is my second e30 and the original plans for it were to go S5X, then a really nice built 2.8 M20 came up that I bought and was going to turbo. I dealt with that build for about 5-6 months. Eventually, I realized I didn't have a fat enough wallet for the turbo build seeing as the built M20 cost me 3K alone!
    So I reverted back to the original plan of installing a S5x. I was lucky enough to pick up a S52 with trans, wiring harness, and ecu on July 31, 2012.

I feel I would have probably had the car running and driving by now if I stuck with the original plan, but as they say, "should, coulda, woulda".
    Once the swap is done, I will be slowly doing cosmetic upgrades and other goodies.

Enjoy the transformation!

Last edited by craiggroves91; 04-20-2013, 12:31 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

hunting for that 24v
    Last edited by craiggroves91; 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

oh wow you are clueless...
      its like watching girls waterpolo, you wait for the carnage!

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
        oh wow you are clueless...
        its like watching girls waterpolo, you wait for the carnage!
        Yeah, cause everyone goes into turbo'ing a car for the first time knowing exactly what to do.
        I'm not completely clueless.
        I for the most part know what I need.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

that engine looks amazing.. if i already didnt do a 24v swap.. i think id boost an m20

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
            that engine looks amazing.. if i already didnt do a 24v swap.. i think id boost an m20
            Sure is beautiful!
            I haven't even gotten to see it in person yet.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
              Sure is beautiful!
              I haven't even gotten to see it in person yet.
              haha its something about polished and wrinkle black paint that i love.. when do you get to see it??

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                Yeah, cause everyone goes into turbo'ing a car for the first time knowing exactly what to do.
                I'm not completely clueless.
                I for the most part know what I need.
                go read this
                Maximum boost-by Corkey Bell

please get it tuned right, that motor is too nice for it to go boom.

and it just seems you are jumping the gun, you seem overzealous about it. calm down, read everything, then read it again. plan out all the comonenets. make your budget, double whatever budget you came up with..

see, im helping you.

Comment

lol devon... you said you were going to have a boosted m20 awhile ago.....where is it?

Comment

go read this
                    Maximum boost-by Corkey Bell

please get it tuned right, that motor is too nice for it to go boom.

and it just seems you are jumping the gun, you seem overzealous about it. calm down, read everything, then read it again. plan out all the comonenets. make your budget, double whatever budget you came up with..

see, im helping you.
                    I was planning on taking it to someone who is experienced with megasquirt for a dyno tune.

Thanks for the words of advice. I'm not going to jump the gun.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

lol devon... you said you were going to have a boosted m20 awhile ago.....where is it?

you're just fucking retarded!
                      how long has it taken you to do a SIMPLE m50 swap?

get off my nutz nigga!

Comment

haha its something about polished and wrinkle black paint that i love.. when do you get to see it??
                        I get to see it as soon as it gets shipped! hopefully sometime this coming week or the next.

He's too busy reading maximum boost. Only teasing!

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

oh and cj, whodwho, yes use his or bluaplasus -however you spell is, PnP

if you want to take full advantage of that motor, then plan on spending 3k.
                          tcd manifold
                          name brand intercoller/pipng
                          tuneing
                          exhaust fab
                          gt35r turbo
                          warlboro fuel pump

oh and dont forget stiffen up your chasis/suspension
                          wider tires

Comment

you're just fucking retarded!
                            how long has it taken you to do a SIMPLE m50 swap?

get off my nutz nigga!
                            ive had school and whatnot i had to pay for (the project stopped because of that, had to pay for school..) i just drove the car today around the neighborhood.

to my knowledge... joe did the your swap.. not you.. and you paid someone to fix your blower motor. hop off.

OP sorry to cluster up your thread... i cant wait for more updates!
                            Last edited by dnick; 01-14-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

oh and cj, whodwho, yes use his or bluaplasus -however you spell is, PnP

if you want to take full advantage of that motor, then plan on spending 3k.
                              tcd manifold
                              name brand intercoller/pipng
                              tuneing
                              exhaust fab
                              gt35r turbo
                              warlboro fuel pump

oh and dont forget stiffen up your chasis/suspension
                              wider tires
                              All that stuff is on the list man! See im not as clueless as I seem!
                              I just like to check on something and then double check it.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X