SCCA Solo Autox class???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCCA Solo Autox class???

Hi guys I'm gonna be going to a solo event in a month with some friends in the e30 for the first time. Not new to autox just never run in the e30 so not too sure what class to put it in. I know it won't fit perfectly in any class, but I just do it for fun anyways. I'll give y'all a lil back story about the e30 before I give a mod list.

So I bought a 91 318i 4dr in altanta, Ga for 1k with a blown head gasket, did the headgasket myself and now it's running perfectly. Bought it with the intentions of making it my drift/track car. So now to the mod list( btw it came with these mods, I didn't pick them)

Uuc short shifter
    Front strut bar
    eBay muffler
    H&R race springs

Everything else is stock minus the momo prototipo steering wheel and condor tall weighted shift knob that I installed. Also i completely gutted the interior minus door panels, dash and center console.Thanks for any help guys!
    Last edited by Reub_e30; 09-27-2016, 01:29 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
    Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

This us my first year running Scca AutoX so Im dont have a ton of knowledge but Im pretty sure the springs, steering wheel and strut bar will bump you out of the Stock class to a street prepared class. Probably ESP. But with the interior gutted that will bump you up past street modified(what Im running, 91' 318is) to prepared, which my guess would be pretty hard to compete in. Im out classed in SM even with a good list of mods.

Heres a clouple of links to look into it.

You could also talk to the local board members they should be happy to help you figure it out. Thats what I did.

Comment

Yeah that's prob what I will do. Just talk to the local guys and just run what they say. Not trying to compete anyways. Only competing against myself
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
      Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Working...
      X