M62 exhaust manifolds on S62?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 exhaust manifolds on S62?

I currently have an m62 swap in my e30...it has been completed for quite a while...but I have been considering swapping in an s62.

Though obviously restrictive, would the m60/m62 swap exhaust manifolds work with an S62 so that I could keep my exhaust setup? Or is there a better option that people have been doing? I do not have the ability to make my own, so I am stuck to off the shelf bits for that.

I already have the s62 in my 540...I'm an idiot and am thinking about pulling it back out and using in the e30...so...lol

There are no s62-specific manifolds, e39 M5's used normal e39 540i m62b44 manifolds. When the 540i went to Vanos (m62b44tu) and began using the newer style manifolds with the cats built in (with the 4-1 driver side header that most e30 guys use), the M5 kept using the non-vanos manifolds. They all use the same flange/bolt pattern, and the heads are dimensionally the same in regards to the the placement of the manifolds, so they're all interchangeable. So yes, whatever manifolds you're using now will still work with an s62.

On a side note, I was wondering why you didn't put that s62 in your e30 to begin with!
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

You could always plonk down for these: http://ergen.co.uk/e30-v8-manifolds-rhd-and-lhd.html

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

i have seen the above manifolds in the flesh and your money would be better spent having some custom stainless headers made

Comment

Originally posted by WYZEUP View Post
          i have seen the above manifolds in the flesh and your money would be better spent having some custom stainless headers made
          PM for more details?
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            PM for more details?
            post here for more details. i am curious too.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
            X