Castro or JMP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castro or JMP??

Have been toying with the idea if a s52/s50 swap into my e30... i kno JMP and Castro both have a good reputation, but was wondering which would you guys prefer for a BAR'd s50/s52 swap?

It's all about what the bill will look like at the end, and what all is included.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

So both shops you would trust with doing a swap that could pass BAR?

Comment

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
        So both shops you would trust with doing a swap that could pass BAR?
        Yes, both have done multiple cars that have been BARd.

Comment

Might not be a bad idea to sell the mint 318iS right now and use that to buy one thats done. Both wont be cheap to pay a shop to convert it
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'd be so sad to sell it! It's almost perfect right now. The thought of a s52 just keeps haunting me though. Lol.

I know my 318is has a great chassis, no rust, no accidents etc... Not to mention I put a decent amount of money into it already...

Comment

Not to mention I put a decent amount of money into it already...

Paying a shop to do a BAR legal S52 will be another chunk of money too. I'd say right now the thing to do is to go for rides and maybe drive E30s with swapped motors so you can get a feel for what you may be getting into.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Might not be a bad idea to sell the mint 318iS right now and use that to buy one thats done. Both wont be cheap to pay a shop to convert it
                Tell me about it. Seen a few M52 cars selling for $3k ish.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Paying a shop to do a BAR legal S52 will be another chunk of money too. I'd say right now the thing to do is to go for rides and maybe drive E30s with swapped motors so you can get a feel for what you may be getting into.
                  I need a larger garage... =P

Comment

I take my swapped e30 to Castros. They are great..So is the S52

Comment

I've been to both for work and no complaints, hence the reason I said it's about the final bill and what is all included.

Comment

After doing swapped cars and driving them for years, I would no longer recommend an s50/52 swap. They are 17 years old at the youngest, and most are "tired". If you want a CARB legal swap, just get an e36 m3. Those are rad and do things that e30s cant.

I'm probably biased though. I've had e30s, e36s, e46s, all m3s and base models. The best cars are the ones that didn't need motor swaps.

For the record, an e30 318iS is still my favorite e30 platform.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

After doing swapped cars and driving them for years, I would no longer recommend an s50/52 swap. They are 17 years old at the youngest, and most are "tired". If you want a CARB legal swap, just get an e36 m3. Those are rad and do things that e30s cant.

I'm probably biased though. I've had e30s, e36s, e46s, all m3s and base models. The best cars are the ones that didn't need motor swaps.

For the record, an e30 318iS is still my favorite e30 platform.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm slowly coming to that realization as most places are saying keep the m42. Maybe I should like for an e46 zcp m3. Lol

Comment

I'm slowly coming to that realization as most places are saying keep the m42. Maybe I should like for an e46 zcp m3. Lol
                              Yeah do that. I loved my ZCP. Imola on Modena 2006 ZCP.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X