No announcement yet.

Looking for the best E36 forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R3v has definitely slowed. But it is still one of my favorite places.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

R3V slowed down since that P...O was introduced. Thank God that is now gone!

It seems to pick up slightly, and is definitely my favourite too!!^

Funny, it is the busiest forum for the spammers though. B@s!@rds.
      1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I worry about this place turning into a ghost town.

It's really hard for me to understand why FB would be a threat to the forum, because its a terrible platform to keep anything organized, or archive loads of info.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

It's really hard for me to understand why FB would be a threat to the forum, because its a terrible platform to keep anything organized, or archive loads of info.
          I think forums will be around for a long time due to the technical information saved there. Facebook is killing off the Off Topic sections on most forums, which I think is what keeps most long time forum members on forums even after they sell their cars and move on. Facebook is good for the BS talk, you get instant notifications on a platform most people between 10-35 spend a lot of time on anyway.

The BFC OT section kept me around for years when I sold my BMWs and moved into my new F150 and old beat-to-shit 911. I used Rennlist to get technical info, but posted my 911 horror stories on BFC with the people I'd grown to know over the years.
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

OT section is definitely what keeps a forum together. I was BFC for years before I got my E30 (signed up in 2005, got my E30 in 2011), and posted pretty much exclusively in OT. Also, the OT section is generally how you get to know the other members. Another forum I'm on has/had a pretty weak and strictly regulated "OT" section, and that forum has always felt pretty sterile to me. Very much a tech only forum. That forum is very slow now, and the OT section is just dead.

Comment

It's really hard for me to understand why FB would be a threat to the forum
              Kids want a quick answer without researching for 10's or 100's of hours. FB gives them an answer, and attention at the same time. It's win win for them. They get to both boast they want to do a mod, and tell the world they are going to do it.

I can tell you that 90% of the answers on a tech-related FB post are wrong. It would be almost comical if I didn't hate misinformation so much. But oh well. Weld your diff, chop your springs, do a "muffler delete"and cheese grate your air box. It's all good - and documented for you to cringe at later in life.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                Facebook: The Forum Killer.
                ftfy

your answer is below

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Kids want a quick answer without researching for 10's or 100's of hours. FB gives them an answer, and attention at the same time. It's win win for them. They get to both boast they want to do a mod, and tell the world they are going to do it.

I can tell you that 90% of the answers on a tech-related FB post are wrong. It would be almost comical if I didn't hate misinformation so much. But oh well. Weld your diff, chop your springs, do a "muffler delete"and cheese grate your air box. It's all good - and documented for you to cringe at later in life.

R3V isnt as bad as some forums. I use both tapatalk and a regular browser for all my r3v activities.

as long as we dont die like e30tech there will be activity. some of us are "too old" for facebook.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by kershaw View Post
                  tapatalk is awful. I just use the browser on mobile, even if it means constantly zooming in and out.
                  10/10
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Sell the e36, problem solved.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                      Wise words.

With the exception of the 911, I've never enjoyed selling a car(s) more than I have when getting rid of my e36s. Only the 98 M3 did I vaguely regret, the rest were all turds that I couldn't wait to pass on to some other unlucky shmuck that thought they could live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                        They're not that bad. If you replace interior clips and use a bit of glue on the door cards, what's the issue with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                          They're not that bad. If you replace interior clips and use a bit of glue on the door cards, what's the issue with them?
                          Cooling system is made of toilet paper, everything creaks/rattles, and window regulators were my favorite e36 issues.

Comment

UPDATE: All E36 forums still suck ass.

That is all.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I'm not trying to be an ass, but it's kinda of a caveat emptor thing when you buy an e36.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                                UPDATE: All E36 forums still suck ass.

That is all.
                                Yes they do.

My last e30 was t-boned 3 years ago and still the only forum I frequent is R3V. Not many forums are as good as here.

Comment

Working...
                                X