Blow off valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blow off valve

What blow off valves is everyone running and do you have any complaints or reccomendations?

dunno what people run on their E30's but back when I had my FD RX-7 I ran an HKS SSQV and I loved it.
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

That HKS SSQV valve is cool but it gets annoying after a while I'm running a greddy rs bov and I like it but the way I have it set, it only opens on hard off throttle otherwise I get compressor surge which I don't mind.
      -Dee
      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

No BOV, flutter and destroyed turbos FTW
        sigpic1990 325IS,
        2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Comment

turboxs type H (og, not the RFL version)
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

i got a pile of shit knock-off RFL.
            you can shim it and stuff it's very adjustable. opens up when it's supposed to.
            The thing will jam up about 30psi though.

What i recommend is something that lets the most amount of air out the fastest so
            the tial looks the best to me.$$$

The HKS SSQV looks like a bullshit gimmick that makes those evo sounds.
            people want certain jdm sound they pick out an hks. you want a clean fast pop off tialq is my #1

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              The HKS SSQV looks like a bullshit gimmick that makes those evo sounds.
              people want certain jdm sound they pick out an hks. you want a clean fast pop off tialq is my #1
              I hate that sound as well.
              You can take off the finned tip that makes that lame sound and it's just a big woosh sound after that.

I chose it because it doesn't use a spring that you have to adjust, just like a Synapse BOV and it had a re-circ tip option that I was using for a while.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I’ve got a greddy type s and tial not sure which one I’m gonna use

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Tial Q. Run the same on my fiesta and its awesome. One of my favorite parts about the TiAL Q is you can buy every single part to it for rebuilds and repairs. I have only heard them getting sticky when they get dirty but its so easy to take apart and clean.
                  www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
                  2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

I have a 1g dsm I may run on my m42 if I get the turbo going soon. Used on the nissan GTR actually.

was trying to hear setup from outside the car, the bov is a 1g crushed till nipple is flush with rim. Only on 11 pounds as of right now. Also it is still rec...

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

lol, I have a $20 ebay BOV. Leaks a tiny bit around the adjustment screw and valve under static pressure testing but not enough to make a difference at WOT. I would run that nice Tial Q, but my engine cost less than thing I'm not made of money

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Thank goodness for china knocks offs though.

Comment

I ended up going with a synapse engineering synchronic

Comment

Was running a SSQ but switched to a Tial 50mm.

Comment

I have the HKS SSQV, got it for a good deal, didn't want that high pitched sound.. it's perfect. Not sure why but it's just a relatively quiet whoosh sound, not high pitched at all or overly loud.
                              2016 F-150
                              1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Working...
                              X