jchangy510

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jchangy510

I recently got a PM from jchangy510 in regards to a set of Euroweaves I've been looking for. They were for a great price at $550 and he said he excepted Paypal as a gift. I sent him a paypal payment, but in the form of a good and service, but I covered the fees like I always do. I then got a email from him saying that he wouldn't accept the payment unless it was a gift and would issue me a refund. I told him that it shouldn't matter but I wouldn't send the money as a gift for such a large purchase. After a few days he still didn't send me a refund so I emailed him again and he said I would have to file a claim through paypal. I'm still waiting to hear back from paypal, but I'm sure I will get my money back. I already contacted JasonC on here about him and he told me to make this thread in hopes that jchangy510 could possibly explain himself and to warn others about him.

His Profile:
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

I sent him a PM with a link to this thread. Should see it once he logs back on.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Shady people are the worst. How hard is it be honest? Gawd.

Comment

He offered me a set of Euroweaves at 950 plus shipping, had pics and sounded legit. I wanted to pick up in person, as my wtb stated; he said no can do. Shipping charges he came back with under $30 incl insurance, but wanted pmt via bank xfer. I declined, suggesting they'd sell if he can bring to E30 picnic.

Paypal as a goods-and-services xfer still doesn't offer much protection. Real protection comes from getting the seller to open a paypal business acct (free and not hard to do). Fees are higher at that point (I don't know how much) but that's where Paypal really offer protection - to buyer AND to seller.

Comment

Well I'm glad I didn't walk out on a great deal, lol. I'm hopeful that I will be able to get my money back, but if I can't there's nothing I can do so I guess it will have to be a valuable life lesson. Also good tip on the Business account, I'll have to look into that for when I sell stuff.
          My Garage
          Feedback

Comment

No help from Paypal yet and it seems like the last time he logged in is the day I paid him...
            My Garage
            Feedback

Comment

Working...
            X