Blindspot mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blindspot mirror

Thinking if switching to a blindspot mirror would be a good option. Those of you out there running one, want to share your thoughts and experience?

BMW part number

Thanks!

Just adjust your mirrors correctly. Side mirrors aren't for looking behind you. Adjusted correctly, they are blind spot mirrors.
    https://seniordriving.aaa.com/improv...-your-mirrors/

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
      Just adjust your mirrors correctly. Side mirrors aren't for looking behind you. Adjusted correctly, they are blind spot mirrors.
      https://seniordriving.aaa.com/improv...-your-mirrors/

Agreed.
      I had a set of those stupid convex mirrors on the side mirrors of the Lexus when I bought it. I promptly got rid of them and adjusted the mirrors correctly. Now I can make lane changes safely :)
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
        Thinking if switching to a blindspot mirror would be a good option. Those of you out there running one, want to share your thoughts and experience?

BMW part number

Thanks!
        I thought the reflection caught too much of the mirror housing when adjusted to DMV specs. The mirror glass is inset on an e30 vs. most modern cars.

Someone added largish rectangular convex mirrors to my e46 before I bought it. I've grown to like them. The little circular convex mirrors I don't find that useful on already small mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
          I thought the reflection caught too much of the mirror housing when adjusted to DMV specs. The mirror glass is inset on an e30 vs. most modern cars.

Someone added largish rectangular convex mirrors to my e46 before I bought it. I've grown to like them. The little circular convex mirrors I don't find that useful on already small mirrors.
          I've had mine adjusted to completely remove blind spots on both sides for years. Half a car between the rear view and side view, half a car between the side view and my peripheral vision.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I bought one, and it works fine - takes a bit of adjusting but it's helpful. Kept my old mirror in case I want to switch back, but that's probably not happening unless the new one breaks

Comment

Thanks for all the input....seems it comes down to personal preference. Have always looked over my shoulder to check my blindspot. It's just lately that I had someone sneak up on me after I ruled out that my blind spot was clear. Might give it a whirl...
              Thanks again!

Comment

My mirrors were totally shot and hard to see out of (almost looked like failing clear coat). So when I bought new ones I saw the blind spot mirror and had never seen them before so I figured a cool different part. I like it, but I wouldn't recommend buying one just to buy one if your current mirror is in good shape.
                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Those seem pretty nifty to me, might have to buy a set.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
                    Those seem pretty nifty to me, might have to buy a set.
                    blind spot mirror is only the Driver's side mirror as I recall

Comment

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post
                      blind spot mirror is only the Driver's side mirror as I recall

Corrrect
                      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Whatever happens to turning your head?

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                          Whatever happens to turning your head?

I think those that can't turn their heads are stuck looking at their cell phones... at least that seems to be the issue in CT.

Comment

I've wanted a set of these for my E34 for a while now. Haven't justified $75 for mirrors though.

One thing to note, the part number you post is the non-heated version. If your car has heated mirrors, you probably want to get the heated version.

This is the heated part number:

Comment

I'm not understanding how the stock mirrors aren't working for people. I sit pretty far back in the car, which would make the situation worse, and they still work perfectly fine.
                              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                              X