Bay Area Paint Shop Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay Area Paint Shop Recommendations?

I have finally hit the point where polish & wax won't help anymore. It's wearing through on the hood, the rear bumper and the sharp edges of the trunk spoiler. The PO had neglected the paint pretty badly before I bought the car in 2005, and subsequent detailing jobs have taken off a lot of the paint. So, time for a respray.

I am going to be replacing most/all of the black trim & window seals, although the aluminum window trim pieces might be better off remaining on the car and being painted since those parts are hard to source, EXPENSIVE and hard to install without damaging them (in my experience). As far as prep, I am fine doing most or all of the mechanical work like removing things and whatnot.

However, I do want a shop to pull/fill all of the little dings and dents (no major damage anywhere) and do a full exterior respray up to the hood/door/trunk weather seals, in the OEM BrilliantRot paint color using whatever CA-legal paint system can match it. I have called a few places and most are not interested in this type of work since they make all of their money on insurance jobs, which is a little confusing to me since I'd basically be paying cash for a pre-contracted work price and they are more or less just spraying...but I guess there's more to the auto body business than I am aware of.

Anyway, I am aware that the cost for something like this easily gets north of $5k, and I have the budget for it at the moment. So, can anyone recommend a competent shop that does quality work and which has good communication during the job? I am looking to find a shop somewhere between central San Jose and San Carlos (south bay to mid-peninsula) since that allows me to easily get over to the shop as issues come up.
    Last edited by bmwman91; 03-20-2018, 11:13 AM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Talk to Oliver? He’s done three full resprays for me. If you want a quality reference you’re welcome to come check em out.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Thanks. Got a contact for Oliver?

Given that you have had 3 jobs done, I am assuming that the quality has been good. I am not up in SF terribly often, but I'd be interested to see the work. Ballpark, what did the jobs typically come out to?
      Last edited by bmwman91; 03-20-2018, 11:53 AM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

shooting you a PM
        cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
        X