CL ad rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL ad rules

I just wanna say that I think it's really stupid we can't post links to our own CL ads in our own FS threads, yet we have a thread that allows the posting of CL ads without the seller's knowledge. It makes no sense.

Let us post our own damn CL ads in our FS threads.
    My Feedback

You've been here since 05', deal with it.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

What does my join date have to do with a rule I disagree with? Spare me the obstinance and give me a good reason why we can't post links to our personal stuff, but we're allowed to post somebody else's.
      My Feedback

Comment

The purpose of the Craigslist thread is to discuss, as the title states, ads which fall on or near the ends of the spectrum of awesome and awful.

If someone can't be bothered to take a couple of minutes to post pictures in a for sale thread using something other than Craigslist, especially given how easy it is to do in this day and age, then it has no business on this forum.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I understand the purpose of the CL thread, and also that CL links shouldn't be allowed in FS threads as a quick and easy way to host pictures. No argument there.

My point is this: consider that CL ads contain the contact information of the individual who placed the ad and that, while entirely legal, perhaps it isn't appropriate to be exposing that information here without their consent purely for our entertainment. So, explain why CL is allowed for that but it's restricted for the personal items of r3v members who meet all other thread rules in the FS section.
          My Feedback

Comment

Craigslist isn't a members only site which requires a login, nor is it behind a paywall. It's a public-facing site, so information posted on it is digestible by anyone.

If it were the former as opposed to the latter, I could easily endorse an argument to keep that information from getting out. As it is though, I fully support continuing to have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              So, explain why CL is allowed for that but it's restricted for the personal items of r3v members who meet all other thread rules in the FS section.
              Edit: Anybody can browse r3v without logging in, so what's the difference?
              Last edited by E30 Wagen; 10-28-2018, 07:15 PM.
              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                Edit: Anybody can browse r3v without logging in, so what's the difference?
                If someone wants to divulge their contact information in a for sale thread here, that's entirely their prerogative. We have a private messaging system for those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                X