Small case to medium case question again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small case to medium case question again

Whats going on guys. I know there are going to be alot of people who tell me try using the search button and i have. I currently have a 91 318is coupe 5spd that had a blown 4:10 non lsd with internals that looks like it was a target a firing range for .50 cals. I ended up sourcing a medium case 3.73 lsd that was rebuilt. Before i bought it i search and seen a VAST majority of member that said "Medium cases will swap directly in for a small case" so i took my chances hoping i wasn't one of the people where the case is 3/8 of an inch to far back to bolt up. But i am, so here we are. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what driveshaft or transmission I need? I do have future plans of swapping the m42 for and s50 with a zf320 transmission but i just wanted to get a feel for drifting the car with lower power first.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lkp_318is; 12-23-2018, 11:56 PM.

If you loosen the clamping nut in the middle of the driveshaft, you should be able to adjust the length a bit, that way you can keep your existing driveshaft and transmission.

Once you go with the S50 and ZF transmission though, you'll need a ZF 4-bolt driveshaft from a manual e36 328 or later model (~97-99) manual e36 m3.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
      If you loosen the clamping nut in the middle of the driveshaft, you should be able to adjust the length a bit, that way you can keep your existing driveshaft and transmission.

Once you go with the S50 and ZF transmission though, you'll need a ZF 4-bolt driveshaft from a manual e36 328 or later model (~97-99) manual e36 m3.
      I appreciate the info. I will go outside and give it a try once the snow clears up.

Comment

Working...
      X