Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
    What’s up R3v?
    my brother from another mother!... how have you been? Are you a full-on fisherman now?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Why would they part this

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
        Because they probably bought it at auction.

Make'em an offer, see what happens.
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
          Because they probably bought it at auction.

Make'em an offer, see what happens.
          Once it's in their inventory and listed on the website, there's nothing you can do. It has to get dismantled. Period. Sucks, because there are lots of cars that I have seen at the yards over the years, that I really wanted to save, but couldn't.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            Does anyone have a front plastic bumper for sale in the Seattle area
            I have a brand new OEM BMW one if you're interested.
            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Once it's in their inventory and listed on the website, there's nothing you can do. It has to get dismantled. Period. Sucks, because there are lots of cars that I have seen at the yards over the years, that I really wanted to save, but couldn't.
              Woooooow a 318is too. What a shame.
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                It's ridiculous. I asked them about it once and they said they would need to total up every part on the vehicle. Dude said it would be at least 8k

Comment

What about their "builders" cars? Do those go through a separate paperwork process so they can sell them as whole cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Etfren View Post
                    What about their "builders" cars? Do those go through a separate paperwork process so they can sell them as whole cars?
                    Correct, but once they fill out the paperwork to dismantle it, there isn't much you can do.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Even the builders ones can end up with rebuilt title. Washington is a lot tighter on that then Oregon as far as branded titles. California is even worse. The Hartge E28 car we picked up out of SoCal is supposedly not rebuildable because it was listed as such. But I think Oregon’s dmv may ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Damn the world is small, my wife's cousin was the guy that thought he'd try to be a pilot, and I know the guy that is the ATC that was talking to him.

Comment

It seemed like he had a pretty good life though from the outside. He traveled, had a lovely wife, seemed like he had some success with their early business venture..
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            It seemed like he had a pretty good life though from the outside. He traveled, had a lovely wife, seemed like he had some success with their early business venture..
                            Look at all the rich and famous people that end themselves. Us poor nobody's think why would they kill themself, dude had millions, banged any woman he wanted and did gigs around the world. Sometimes depression isnt curable and sometimes being famous gets to be too much and you cant handle it. Look at these paparazzi fucks for instance. They follow everyone around, hell they follow Andy dick. I'd lose my shit if everywhere there was someone taking pictures and asking me questions.

Just because you are jealous of the lifestyle, don't think they enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                              I know the guy that is the ATC that was talking to him.
                              Buy that ATC controller a beer, and send me the bill. I'll gladly pay for it.

I would love to know what info he was given, and real time updates, or if he was just told to "talk him down"

At one point I think he mentioned the "loop" he did, I don't think you can see that on a 2D radar screen.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                Buy that ATC controller a beer, and send me the bill. I'll gladly pay for it.

I would love to know what info he was given, and real time updates, or if he was just told to "talk him down"

At one point I think he mentioned the "loop" he did, I don't think you can see that on a 2D radar screen.
                                All his info he has is on his screen, he can zoom in on the plane just to focus on it, it's all real time, anything he was told to do was by the manager and or the artcc manager on the other end of the phone. You can see loops as a change in altitude and the icon on the screen changing direction back and forth quickly but not turning. These controllers go through years of training after they get hired on and dont just deal with commercial flights they get all the single prop private owned planes too. I'm sure they have trained on what to do if say the pilot had a medical problem and the passenger with no flight experience is the only one that can fly. So im sure he treated it like that but with a guy that just doesnt care instead of a very scared person

Comment

Working...
                                X