Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just for fun, here's the prototype for the 2002ti GT4 by Pietro Frua, 1970.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw_2002ti GT4 Coupe Frua.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	7196841

Comment

Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
      SRDs look soft. They're like sport seats that got married, settled down and had a couple kids. Yeah, they're period, which is cool... but the lines aren't clean and crisp and pared down like what draws me to an e30.

I don't get the allure of an S54 swap, but I do get that anyone with a day job and married life duties couldn't replicate that car for $18,500.

They look much better wrapped in leather.

Comment

The Seinfeld series on Netflix has a nice episode with the 507. Worth watching whether you like him or not. The comedians in cars getting coffee stuff is pretty painless to watch.

My dream stable would be an e30 daily, which I have, an e28 535i, and one of these CS cars for special rides. I’m maybe not quite right but I do believe the e30 and e28 to be the pinnacle of bmw and the very best from an auto that I can appreciate. Symmetry in style, form, function, and character. The CS and 2002 are really striking and I resent the modern automotive world for being so “median”.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

A good friend of mine owns, most likely, the nicest 2000CS in America...and it is for sale, if any of you kids are interested. Price tag will be high, but this car is worth every penny.

Also, if I remember the story correctly, BMW bought out Glas (Hans Glas GMBH) for their designs and the 2000CS/NK was born. The 3000GT is one of my most favorite cars of all time. Such a bitchin design.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

It was a time of highs and lows, aesthetically.

The 2800/3.0CS is arguably the best-looking BMW ever.

the 2000CS and the Glas GTs are arguably two of the worst.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

The white 2000CS I posted in #6 looks like it's smaller, almost 2002-sized. I think they essentially scaled the design up as well as lengthened it as it evolved into the 2800 CS / 3.0 CS shape.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                The white 2000CS I posted in #6 looks like it's smaller, almost 2002-sized. I think they essentially scaled the design up as well as lengthened it as it evolved into the 2800 CS / 3.0 CS shape.
                It's partly the perspective of that particular picture, but the 2800CS nose is slightly longer, too. Everything from the firewall back (body wise) is the same between the 2000CS and the 2800CS.

Here is a picture of my friend's car.
                Attached Files
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by PacificExposure View Post
                  I did a spreadsheet for my S50 project and promptly deleted it from existence so my wife could never find it... It was a shocking number.
                  The numbers get up there quick. I have more than $25k in my 240SX and it has a KA with bolt-ons. That number is spread out over the last nearly 14 years, so it's an easier pill to swallow.

My dream e30 builds are both ludicrously expensive. My sedan's merely a stepping stone, 13 years and change after I sold my last e30.

Originally posted by earthwormjim
                  They look much better wrapped in leather.
                  Yes, yes they do. The black ones are extremely well-done.

We sold a 3.0CSi to a client a couple years back and he paid all the money and then some. Last I heard, he'd put ~50 miles on it.

Seems like 2002s have leveled off a bit on BaT.
                  1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

The Henna m3 didn't didn't sell. I absolutely love that color on the e30 m3. Wish I had some disposable income to snag it...

Comment

tire/wheel fitment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      It's partly the perspective of that particular picture, but the 2800CS nose is slightly longer, too. Everything from the firewall back (body wise) is the same between the 2000CS and the 2800CS.

Here is a picture of my friend's car.
                      Could you please tell me the tire size and wheel size/et that you used on the silver E30 that you have pictured here? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        That makes sense. It would be crazy costly to scale up the greenhouse and glass etc.

Looks like we got moved over here under auctions! Should have called it "Cool old BMW designs"....

Comment

Dunno

I would have grabbed the money on the henna m3. I dont think the paint should be reacting this way. Shouldn't it just have scratched rather than completely chipped off?

I am assuming that orange peel is just the camera.

Paint experts please chime in. In fairness it could have happened a few days after it was painted.

Btw, I am removing the picture tomorrow and having a link. I can't stand these huge pictures! Sorry guys.

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                          The Henna m3 didn't didn't sell. I
                          absolutely love that color on the e30 m3. Wish I had some disposable income to snag it...

Link: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-48/
                          Last edited by Javier h; 05-18-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Looks like it's in the paint to me.
                            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

The orange peel is definitely in the paint.

Questionable skirt fitment, beaten-up fender lips, evidence of poor finish work under the rear glass, clear sags all along the deck lid, visible sanding scratches under the paint, cracking filler, dings and dents that weren't addressed... it would have been better to have left the body as-is.

The interior is amateurish ($1600 for a pair of seats is really inexpensive), the FLCAs are standard items to cut cost, etc.

It didn't meet reserve and the purchaser would have been unhappy at that price regardless. Car had many, many cosmetic needs that would have been expensive to fix.
                              1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
                                The orange peel is definitely in the paint.

Questionable skirt fitment, beaten-up fender lips, evidence of poor finish work under the rear glass, clear sags all along the deck lid, visible sanding scratches under the paint, cracking filler, dings and dents that weren't addressed... it would have been better to have left the body as-is.

The interior is amateurish ($1600 for a pair of seats is really inexpensive), the FLCAs are standard items to cut cost, etc.

It didn't meet reserve and the purchaser would have been unhappy at that price regardless. Car had many, many cosmetic needs that would have been expensive to fix.
                                One thing I've learned in the process of repainting my car is that a crappy re-paint job is 10x worse than old worn out OEM paint. You have to strip all that terrible paint and bodywork off before you can even start.
                                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X