Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that widebody mod, very very tidy!

Comment

holy moly. Howd you get the rear doors to work with the latch being so much further in?
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        holy moly. Howd you get the rear doors to work with the latch being so much further in?
        The door is cut the same way as the doorjamb, so the latch works as usual since nothing has changed there. It's cut between the outer part of the door and the latch.:)
        https://www.instagram.com/m1ckee_/

Comment

very cool. Very well done here.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

ah oem+ style widebody. How awesome. Thank you for not bolting on crap.

Patiently waiting to see more.

Comment

Sooo put the engine back together and threw it in the car, still missing a few bits but it's mostly there. Carbon cover for the valve cover is ordered and I'm probably getting one for the heater cover as well.

Bottom end: B28 crank, h-beams, DP engines pistons 9:1, support girdle, VAC oilpump upgrade, Athena cut ring gasket

Head: just a quick overhaul, stock valves, stock ports, Enem Z2 280deg/10,4 cams, PPF valve springs, titanium retainers, new seals etc.

All back together

Some DEI heatshield

In all its glory
              Last edited by micke_; 12-25-2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

This is so nice. The "widebody" is very creative and well executed. Love that you painted the valve cover something other than black as well. This is so nice.

Comment

uuuh - the TicTac livery is one of the if not my favorite livery on the Group A M3s

that widebody is very well executed, i expected some horrendous pandem overfenders or something, kudos to how you did it.

Are you going to have a problem with rigidity on the cut/patched dome? I mean there's a good part of structural reinforcement missing now i assume?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    This is so nice. The "widebody" is very creative and well executed. Love that you painted the valve cover something other than black as well. This is so nice.
                    Thanks, I don't want too much black parts in the engine bay. So painted some parts with Nogarosilver, only black parts will be the intake manifold and boost pipes (wrinkle) and the anodised Nuke parts and AN-fittings:)
                    Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    uuuh - the TicTac livery is one of the if not my favorite livery on the Group A M3s
                    that widebody is very well executed, i expected some horrendous pandem overfenders or something, kudos to how you did it.
                    Are you going to have a problem with rigidity on the cut/patched dome? I mean there's a good part of structural reinforcement missing now i assume?
                    The strut tower is very thick, 3-4 layers of sheetmetal and it's patched with material that's pretty much the same thickness. Also welded all the way around on both sides so don't think it will be a issue, I will add a strut brace for some extra support tho.

I'll soon continue with the widebody, cut the other side too and start welding it back together:D
                    Last edited by micke_; 12-27-2018, 03:35 AM.

Comment

I used to run a valve cover CCV vent in a similar location to the two you have on the front of yours. It was no good even with a baffle on the inside of the cover blocking direct access to the port. Lot's of oil gets thrown to the front of the motor apparently. It was just dumping oil into the catch can. Just a heads up. Enjoying the build so far!
                      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                        I used to run a valve cover CCV vent in a similar location to the two you have on the front of yours. It was no good even with a baffle on the inside of the cover blocking direct access to the port. Lot's of oil gets thrown to the front of the motor apparently. It was just dumping oil into the catch can. Just a heads up. Enjoying the build so far!
                        Yes, I'm aware that it might be an issue. We'll see how it works once I build some sort of baffling, hopefully it'll work

Got my carbon cover yesterday, and tried some different options for the air filter. Won't be using this one so it's just for mock up, I think I'll cut some more and rout it down out of the engine bay in front of the wheel. Don't like the silicone coupler since I don't use them on the boost pipes either, probably end up buying one of those weld on clamps for this piece as well:)

Yes the bay is wetsanded in some spots and will be buffed later on, intake manifold and boost pipes will also be painted later once I have modified the intake a bit..
                        Nuke catch can and PS reservoir etc. will be located somewhere around the driver side strut tower since it looks a bit empty on that side.
                        Last edited by micke_; 12-28-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

On the widebody, what tool did you use to pull the body out? Looks really well executed, love the work as always.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
                            On the widebody, what tool did you use to pull the body out? Looks really well executed, love the work as always.
                            Stock e30 jack between the rear shock and rear arch:D

Decided to route the air filter out of the bay, mocked up some scrap piping i had:

Have to do some cutting in the corner to get the pipe through but I think this is the best option for cold air..

Comment

Woa. Nice work.

Widebody is excellent.
                              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

What are your plans for the front and flaring it to match? Love the rear and thanks for posting pics of the door jam.

Comment

Working...
                                X