Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 18is is consuming way to much fuel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i did not. I probably should. any other tips?

Comment

The best mpg I ever got in my 318iS was about ten years ago on holiday with my mother in the far north of Scotland, got 450 miles from a single tank!

Usually I average around 32mpg (Imperial) or maybe a bit more.
      My BMW site: www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk since 1996

Comment

Originally posted by unixnerd View Post
        32mpg (Imperial) or maybe a bit more.
        That's 8.8l/100, very good mpg...

Comment

27-29mpg here. One day I'll try to better that. Maybe it's the funds style 5s or wheel bearings.

What's the compression numbers we would like to see on these anyways?

Comment

It's messing with me not being able to figure out why im getting bad mpg. Anyways, i'm ordering a chip in the next days, that should enhance the mpg a bit. Not the way i would like it though, i would like it to have a decent mpg on it's own.

Any tips are welcome

Comment

my m42 in great operating order, rebuilt head from a local ex-racer, and 155k is 180psi cold on a compression test. I suspect 200-210psi when hot but have not checked mine yet

Comment

hey guys i come bearing good news! I tested a tank with my lambda sensor disconnected, and it dropped my consumption from 10.5 to 9.2 l/100!! What a difference! When i put in a new lambda sensor i can expect this value to drop even further right?

Comment

With the O2 disconnected the car should get worse mileage unless the sensor were totally broken.

Look under the wiring cover where the three relays are housed in the engine bay. Check to see if there are two single round connectors present, and if they are plugged in, or unplugged.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    With the O2 disconnected the car should get worse mileage unless the sensor were totally broken.

Look under the wiring cover where the three relays are housed in the engine bay. Check to see if there are two single round connectors present, and if they are plugged in, or unplugged.
                    What i was told was that if the o2 sensor was in bad shape i could test it by doing this. If i got better mileage without it, it's toast. By the way, i deleted my cat.

I didn't catch what you said in the last paragraph. Pics? Why do you want me to check this?

Comment

Working...
                    X