Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 325 - Ultra bad gas milage -13 mpg Need assistance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace the intake air pressure sensor, my car ran like complete shit with that unplugged.
    :stupid:

Comment

Thanks for the updates guys!

milage is still a pain in the ass 6.4KM/L at this point.

Getting an non-tampered AFM here is in Argentina is a mission impossible so, I am trying to figure out wich was the correct position on the AFM.

Tried to seeach on various forums but didnt find anything relevant regarding how to tune this little fuck'23r.

and the IAP is unplugged right now...

I cannot stand anymore the smell of exhaust gas inside the cabin.. its just a pain.

Comment

Try this for adjusting your AFM, I know its for a Porsche 944, but same type of afm, if you cant get a good one to test with.

Comment

I tried to adjust it like 25 times already and is somewhat improving the milage.
          Best milage was 8km/L in mixed.... tried from super lean to super rich... all the same.

but the gas smell coming from the exhaust is killing my lungs, my head, my girlfriend and my patience.

I must take a shower after each ride! I STINK! :(

Comment

have you tried swapping in a known good dme?

Comment

no I didnt, here in argentina I can count all the E30s with my 2 hands, so we dont have an extensive stock of DMEs to choose from... but could be an option.

Comment

when i bought my 325e it was running really rough. black smoke, raw fuel out of the exhaust. also couldnt hold a steady idle. I checked all the sensors and even swapped in a known good AFM. In the end it was a bad DME. I was lucky since there was someone on r3v that had one for sale cheap.

Comment

I will try to locate one.. and someone willing to ship one to Argentina.

I have a 027 ecu.

Thanks for the tips keep them coming guys, I really appretiate this.

I have another question, the exhaust fumes inside the cabin can be relate to a bumper tucking and the distance between the border of the bumper and the exhaust tip? I will upload a pic soon.

_Mariano

Comment

Check The Fuel Lines

Hi, have you checked all the fuel lines? The smell in the cabin might be caused by worn out seals or hoses at the top of the gas tank. You can access it by lifting the back seats. Check for leaks if you've checked all leaks on the engine bay. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Quinthirty thanks for the input!
                      yes already checked the fuel lines, I smell unburnt fuel ... like a car running stupid rich. Not raw gas like a puddle somewhere.

thanks!
                      _M

Comment

I have an extra air pressure sensor if you wanna try that I'm sure it cant be too much to send it's tiny.
                        :stupid:

Comment

Danny! I sent you a pm, thanks for the offering!

The issue with the fumes going inside the cabin is being treated here:

Both issues are somewhat related.

Comment

Did you ever find the cause of your horrid Gas milage?

Comment

Working...
                            X