This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    we all know these are estimates that are made when the bills are being proposed and revised before they are passed

it doesnt take into account what can change, like the number of young (under 30) enrollees has been substantially lower in 2016 than what was projected, despite the tax for not complying with the mandate. this is one of the primary reasons premiums have shot up so much, because the pools don't have enough healthy young people to spread the costs out over.

it also doesn't account for political hurdles that come up after the bill, like how many states refused to expand medicaid due to political posturing, or political/economic issues like humana deciding to drop out of the healthcare exchanges after their merger was rejected by federal regulators (link here).

it's hard to quantify how much impact stuff like this has on the overall picture but it doesnt mean that the estimates for ACA were horrible but as with any estimate it could be reserved or optimistic and some of the reasons that success is not achieved are complex.
    Oh stop with the whole "research and logic" that has no place in political debates.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

good job finding an op-ed that you agree with

both this bill and the house bill have substantially lower public support than ACA ever did so i'm not sure how exactly you can spin this as a positive.
      good job of not reading the article "brave"

the 15 million out of 22 million losing coverage is due to the elimination of the individual mandate is a CBO estimate
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I read it twice dipshit, and I actually read through the CBO report, so let me quote this directly for your simple little brain.

I'm talking about the 22 million people left without coverage in 2026 and you're ignoring that number and talking about dropped coverage in 2018

Enrollment in Medicaid would be lower throughout the coming decade, with 15 million fewer Medicaid enrollees by 2026 than projected under current law in CBO’s March 2016 baseline (see Figure 4). Some of that decline would be among people who are currently eligible for Medicaid benefits, and some would be among people who CBO projects would, under current law, become eligible in the future as additional states adopted the ACA’s option to expand eligibility.
        you're trying to downplay that 22m figure by citing those who would drop coverage due to the mandate ending

in any case this bill sucks and it's cringey to watch people defend something so blatantly bad

Comment

I read it twice dipshit, and I actually read through the CBO report, so let me quote this directly for your simple little brain.

I'm talking about the 22 million people left without coverage in 2026 and you're ignoring that number and talking about dropped coverage in 2018

you're trying to downplay that 22m figure by citing those who would drop coverage due to the mandate ending

in any case this bill sucks and it's cringey to watch people defend something so blatantly bad
          so dipstick, explain to the audience why lower medicaid enrollment is a bad thing? that rolling back Obama's attempt at single payer is bad? that giving the states back their own medicaid programs to design and administer is a bad thing?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

why don't you explain why increasing the number of uninsured people who can't get medical access is a good thing? you're the one who supports this stupid piece of shit bill you greedy shitgibbon

in no way whatsoever is ACA an effort towards single payer system.

if only you put as much effort into becoming educated on this issue as you put into remaining ignorant.

Comment

in no way whatsoever is ACA an effort towards single payer

Only if you discount the fact that it was engineered to fail, and the "next logical step" to fix the system would be the jump to single payer......... but that surely coils not happening .
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

yeah that's your opinion and all but who is pushing for single payer? besides bernie and maybe one other senator voicing support for it, absolutely no democrats are interested or actively trying to create a single payer system

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  This is a car forum. We understand that people want to talk about things besides cars sometimes, and that often includes political and religious topics. But this is NOT a place for rampant and uncontrolled flaming and/or personal attacks. If discussions of these topics do not remain civil, they will no longer be permitted on this site.
                  Friendly reminder before mandatory vacations are issued.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

lol

Comment

why don't you explain why increasing the number of uninsured people who can't get medical access is a good thing? you're the one who supports this stupid piece of shit bill you greedy shitgibbon

in no way whatsoever is ACA an effort towards single payer system.

if only you put as much effort into becoming educated on this issue as you put into remaining ignorant.
                      inspiring others to see your point of view. way to go.
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        Hahahahahahaahhahahahaa!!!!!

You are full of doggie doo!!!! If there were actually any truth to this, you would be hitchhiking to Montana and attempting to sneak into sleeve's bed when his wife is away. No offense to sleeve.

While you are at it, why stop there????

You may as well try to convince us you are an amorphic Martian gymnast with a vajayjay for a butthole? I for one, would sooner believe that.
                        omg for fun I've been reading all this shit since about page 100 and found this gem regarding our very own LBJeffries
                        laugh my ass off
                        Last edited by gwb72tii; 07-06-2017, 02:16 PM.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          me either, i swore off of whiskey after the last time i banged a fattie :P
                          one more gem

maybe we need a greatest hits of R3V
                          Last edited by gwb72tii; 07-06-2017, 02:17 PM.
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            one more gem

maybe we need a greatest hits of R3V
                            *tips hat*
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              inspiring others to see your point of view. way to go.
                              took you a week to come up with this rebuttal where you don't even bother to argue for your own perspective

good job old man

Comment

took you a week to come up with this rebuttal where you don't even bother to argue for your own perspective

good job old man
                                Nope, you're boring and there's no point in trying to have any kind of an adult debate with you.

Ands it's too bad because you once in a great while actually have something to say that adds to the conversation, you actually act as an adult. Once in a great while.
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X