What's the best job you've ever had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best job you've ever had?

Alright, I got a little depressed reading about Farbin's crappy job (badump bump) along with everyone elses bad stories. Now what's the best job you've ever had.

My best job.
    Out of highschool I didn't want to go to college yet and just wanted a job that would let me ski a lot. Lucked into a job at the then-new (and pre-bankrupt) Yellowstone Club in Montana. My job was to look after 20 cabins midway up the mountain. It meant a lot of hardwork (splitting wood, shoveling snow, etc), but the perks were awesome. got two hours of skiing everyday day, drove snowmobiles on the ski runs after hours, ate amazing food (cavier and kobe beef burgers anyone?), lots of wildlife (working on a house when a moose walked up behind me, grizzly killing an elk on the golfcourse, getting charged by a horny bull deer). And with all that I made enough money to fund my first year of college, was the best thing I could have ever done at that time.
    Last edited by SkiFree; 05-02-2013, 04:22 PM.
    ADAMS Autosport

Owning my own shop, and starting my own business. Being my own boss at www.fspecauto.com, and my other blossoming business ventures to come!

I wouldn't have been here, nor done this, had I not had that crappy job from the other thread!!!!

And, BIG LIKE to your above job!!!

Comment

Being married to my current and last wife.;)
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Probably my current one. Decent pay, decent benefits and I can wear sneakers/jeans/polo to work. Put my headphones on and essentially ignore everyone all day.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          Probably my current one. Decent pay, decent benefits and I can wear sneakers/jeans/polo to work. Put my headphones on and essentially ignore everyone all day.
          This sounds a lot like my job. Except I can work my own hours, and I work with 3 friends and a really cool guy for a boss.
          1991 335is in progress

Comment

I would have to say my current job. I went to engineering school so I like that I am in an engineering field even if I went for mechanical and am now in civil. I design bridges and railroads and roadways. My grandfather was contractor way back when and built a lot of the bridges that ill be replacing. I make decent money in my opinion. I can wear jeans and sneakers to work everyday. I've got my own office right out of school. The guys I work with are all pretty cool, we have fun with office pranks and stuff. We all pretty much went to the same college so nobody works during ball games. I'm close to home and can live with my parents while I save and look for my first home. Things couldn't have worked out much better for me and it all happened because a little old lady that doesn't know me but knows my stepfather called my now boss and said he should take me under his wing and give me a job. And he did.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Owning my own shop, and starting my own business. Being my own boss at www.fspecauto.com, and my other blossoming business ventures to come!

I wouldn't have been here, nor done this, had I not had that crappy job from the other thread!!!!

And, BIG LIKE to your above job!!!

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" - Dale Carnegie

Well done! I wish you continued success!

Comment

Pretty happy with my current business.

Work 2 1/2 days - 12 hours total for the week while being outside , Jhorts and a T shirt, driving my own vehicle, listening to tunes all day, stopping when and where I would like. No boss, tons of tax , ehem , uhhh, advantages.

Very chill!

Ive had better gig's but for now this is not too bad. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  Owning my own, and starting my own business.

this x3
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Straight out of high school I got a job in an MWD shop(Monitor While Drilling). I built and repaired electronics used for oilfield drilling. I worked with some of the greatest people ive ever met and they were fucking hilarious. So go to work, laugh, lurk r3v, build shit, had everything imaginable needed to wire my car during the build process, people trying to get our business always brought by donuts and burritos, and made 3500 a month. Thats a lot when your 18 and living in wy where its nice in cheap :)

Comment

working as a carpentry assistant. loving every second of it. beats the hell out of waiting tables at an italian restaurant.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

Current job. It's completely chill, everything is 100% flexible, dress any way I want, any hours I want, good pay, all coworkers are awesome, make friendships with famous scientists all the time, perform a wide variety of tasks.

The best part is all the connections I've made so far. I have three amazing job opportunities waiting for me once I graduate. The hardest part will be choosing one.

Do what you really love and everything else falls in place.

Cheers
                        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Signalmen in new construction for Union Pacific rail road. I make a decent wage, will have a decent retirement, have excellent retirement, work 8 days go home for six, get tax free per diem, i travel and get to see the best and worst parts of the zone i work in and I do something new everyday.
                          1985 BMW 325e
                          1997 BMW M3/4/5
                          2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

work pictures

[ATTACH]70368[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70366[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70367[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70365[/ATTACH]

The Build:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

My current job. I run the warehouse for a BMX distribution company. Ridden BMX for the last 17 years so it's very fitting. Laid back, great bosses and people to work with as they've all been my friends since before my job. Pays decent for what it is, fully paid healthcare and lots of time off when I need it. I actually enjoy going to work usually. I also build wheels for some of the biggest names in BMX so it's always fun to see my work in magazines or web videos on line.

I have hopes of starting and running my own detail business in the coming years but for now I couldn't be happier at a job.
                              91 318is M50 swapped
                              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                              X