Am I a jerk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I a jerk

So here is the story my wife's mom has a habit of getting in relationships with guys who don't have cars I would call them losers but whatever

So last May my son was born and my wife is just going back to work now.

she has been letting her mom drive her car so her boyfriend can drive hers.

I told her once you get a job your getting your car back, they were paying 200 dollars a month to her to drive a 20,000 dollar car and we were paying the rest of the payment and insurance. They just moved into a bigger house and his work is only 3 miles away but my wife wants to continue to let them borrow the car I say he can walk or ride the bus. I told her no way, I have my Suburban, e30 and my wife has a Pontiac G8 and I drive a truck for work even though we have plenty of cars I'm not cool with them driving the $hit out of her car while my suburban gets driven a couple thousand miles a month instead of sitting in the garage with the e30.

I figure they will drag it out another year if I don't put my foot down and say tough $hit

My wife thinks I am being a dick but we already helped them for 6 months if you needed to get a car you could have quit smoking and drinking beer and if we keep enabling them they won't ever get a car and they are depreciating and causing wear and tear on our vehicles
    1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
    2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
    2011 BMW X5 35I

Situations like this it's either get walked on or be the a$$hole. In this situation I'd tell them tough $hit. 3 miles? He can walk...
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Make that foo walk. Why is paying for insurance for somebody else even an option, if they wreck it your likely not covered.
      Last edited by rhE-30; 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

excuse me i am car-less at the moment.
        Originally posted by HarryPotter
        not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
        Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
          Do you want to borrow a car too

If you are in NYC that makes sense also I am guessing your not 50 years old like he is
          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Ooo, OOO, Make him buy an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
              Ooo, OOO, Make him buy an E30.
              No. That will be another Trina incident. lol

From what it sounds like, they are just taking advantage of your generosity. That would never happen in my household.
              1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
              2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
              2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Find a rational point to stand on like the one mentioned above and state that you have discussed it with your insurance agent and they have informed you that if an accident were to occur then you would not be covered and the other part involved in the accident could come after your assets.

Just "mask" it behind something that is plausible and that will keep you from being an asshole in their eyes. Better yet, actually call your insurance agent and discuss this sharing scenario with them. More then likely one will find out that what was stated above is not too far from the truth.

Grown men without a vehicle to their name cease to be grown men in my eyes. So tell the little boy that he needs to give the car back.

Having a vehicle to drive as a man is like a "right of passage" and opens the door to freedom.

If I did not have a vehicle I would feel that my testicles would surely shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
                  Yes, but the difference is that you are working towards obtaining or fixing a car so that you can regain your self worth and sense of freedom.

I am assuming this of course.

The other person mentioned obviously appears to be "milking it" for all its worth.

Comment

Didn't read.. But seeing how this is r3v, I think it's safe to assume your an ass.
                    sigpic

Comment

3 miles?! take the bus/bike/walk. Even in this heat its not that far. on a bike that's nothing.

gotta put your foot down man. Especially since you are married. I was easy going on some things before being married but now i have no issue speaking my mind and letting anyone know how things go. Luckily both of our parents wouldn't ever take us for a ride like that

I have some aunts that have been doing similar stuff to my mom and i finally told her to cut them loose. Its hard when it is family but it is the only way some people can get the hint and make some changes
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

it all depends if u're drinking beer with your father-in-law to b.... ;-))

Comment

and if he is buying it periodically, at least

Comment

Your being an adult. Put your foot down and say it's done.
                            Originally posted by Good & Tight
                            It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                              Your being an adult. Put your foot down and say it's done.
                              that's why i said if he drinks beer with the dude, makes all the difference...

Comment

Working...
                              X