No announcement yet.

1986 325iX 3.1L Stroker + Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those ones don't have the indented stripes down the skirts unless I'm blind!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic
      that's right. My guess is the flares on this car are Zender just like the front spoiler. They'd have to be IX specific too.
      Not sure were you are getting your information, but the front valence I have is an early model BBS valence.here is the catalog photo...

And yes, these flares are early model iX specific... Here is the early model my friend spotted

You can see the lines on Guten's flares, they are early model flares...

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

THANKS for correcting.. deleted the bad info. Confuse BBS and Zender.. only seen the BBS in person.

I'm also curious about the rear flares. They look low even on your car and the other euro IX pics.. would be great to see a comparison with an 88.
        Last edited by bradnic; 10-02-2014, 08:46 PM.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I love these early (pre-facelift) E30 models :)
          https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
          https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            THANKS for correcting.. deleted the bad info. Confuse BBS and Zender.. only seen the BBS in person.

I'm also curious about the rear flares. They look low even on your car and the other euro IX pics.. would be great to see a comparison with an 88.

Pretty sure it's just that the early iX's have massive front ride height!
            http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

I love this build, so unique and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                Not sure were you are getting your information, but the front valence I have is an early model BBS valence.here is the catalog photo...
                That's actually the BBS widebody kit

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

The heater didn't work and it turns out the control valve is seized so I ordered a new one. Also ordered a door brake so the drivers door will not slam into my shins any more.

In the mean time I am trying to find the issues with my ABS system fault. I put the car on jack stands to inspect the four ABS sensors. I can't find any hints on what to look for. Any ideas how to tell which sensor is causing the fault??

This link didn't help

And one photo up on jack stands

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I love that front valence! I like all the ix builds lately too!
                    www.instagram.com/snwmble
                    #snwmble

Current:
                    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Thanks to Zach I was alerted of a set of taurus sport seats at the upull on the single e30 in denver.

Ironically I was already in denver and din't have much going on. I jumped over and grabbed the pair as one would be a great donor for my split driver side.

Attached Files

Comment

And good as new drivers seat
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ill just leave this here. Just for mock up at the moment.

:ST1G:
                          Attached Files

Comment

One of my past E30's had a taurus sport interior, wish it had been as clean as yours!
                            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Good news!!

Firmware was updated and the base tune was good and she fired right up. Fueling was very rich, idling about 10 to 11 afr. My wideband wasn't reading on tunerstudio. I got it corrected and tunerstudio was reading it correctly.

She runs ok but my TPS isn't working right. When I put the throttle down sensor at a constant input (say 35%), the sensor keeps rising up and up and up. It goes to 200% then 300% and so on until I left my foot off the gas. Does anybody know how the TPS is supposed to work vs the VTPS from the e36? I may just try to swap in a VTPS form an e36.

Anyway, I am almost ready to start the turbo install!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted!

For start up cold that isn't too bad, warmed up it would be too rich. Does it seem rich at all loads? you can adjust the required fuel if so

If the jumpers on the board are set for vTPS and you are running the stock TPS it will creep, you can re-jumper for the stock one or install a variable one if you have one

FYI, if it is set for a variable one and you are running a stock TPS, on full throttle(~70ish+ %) it short the vRef and reset the ECU and the car will cutoff and come back when you let off the throttle
                                My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                                4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
                                X