Mtech II wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mtech II wheel

Can someone give me a detailed list on how to install the mtech 2 wheel? I know how to get the old wheel off but hooking up the horn and how to pop off the horn button to install the new wheel? I've searched on here and I can't find a proper write up unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Upgrading the stock front speakers in Sam's BMW 316i Touring E30. Really easy to do, took around 5 minutes for each side. The stock speakers were distorting ...

Comment

^ literally had nothing to do with what I was asking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The horn button just pops off, pull up on it.

Slide on the new wheel.

tighten the nut.

connect ground and power to the horn.

Comment

1) Disconnect battery, Remove the BMW with a small screwdriver, carefully.
          2) Loosen the 19mm nut
          3) Remove ground, pull steering wheel towards you
          4) reinstall new steering wheel and ground, assure the steering wheel is straight, tighten nut and replace emblem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Transaction Feedback
          Various E30 Parts for Sale!
          Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
          -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
          -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

To remove the horn button just pull on the entire centre//horn button and t will come off

There'll be wires in there that should already be connected to the horn button. I usually just leave the button connected and bolt on the wheel, however if you decide to disconnect the button, that is fine too. You can take note of which wire went to which connector, but it should be straight-forward; black to black and brown to brown.

This is the back of the horn button when removed, you can see where the wires connect, black and brown.

Hope this was helpful, and enjoy the tech2 wheel!

Comment

Working...
            X