exhaust hot and smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust hot and smoking

Hey guys, recent new problem on my M50 swapped e30 lol. After any spirited driving with my car when I get home and shut her off their is light smoke that comes from the exhaust near the cat. My e30 is M50 swapped, ebay SS rep headers and muffler delete, exhaust has scraped a lot of its life and headers have an exhaust leak due to poor welding. Any ideas or thought on what I should do lol. I'm not trying to set my cat on fire if that's even possible lol.
    '99 Aspen silver e39 540i/6 (first car, sold)
    '91 Schwarz e30 325i vert M50 swap(traded)
    '95 Arktis grau e34 530i 5 speed (4.0 swapped, sold)
    '01 Jet black e46 330ci 5 speed (traded)
    '98 Arctic silver e36 328i daily drifter (traded)
    '91 Nissan 240sx s13 hatch ka24de (driftbucket 4sale)
    '89 Bronzit e30 sedan (new project)

Originally posted by e30omar View Post
    Hey guys, recent new problem on my M50 swapped e30 lol. After any spirited driving with my car when I get home and shut her off their is light smoke that comes from the exhaust near the cat. My e30 is M50 swapped, ebay SS rep headers and muffler delete, exhaust has scraped a lot of its life and headers have an exhaust leak due to poor welding. Any ideas or thought on what I should do lol. I'm not trying to set my cat on fire if that's even possible lol.
    Is their any oil residue on the exterior of the exhaust? My car smokes when it idles for a while because my car drips a tiny but of oil which splashes all over my exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayoncrusier93 View Post
      Is their any oil residue on the exterior of the exhaust? My car smokes when it idles for a while because my car drips a tiny but of oil which splashes all over my exhaust.
      Probably just some leftover shit from being worked on, assuming its coming off the pipe and not out of the tailpipe.

Just get some brake cleaner and clean it up. (when it's cold, of course)
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
      X