Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miles or kilometers?
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Idaho plates makes me think it's miles.

Comment

^Astute observation good sir.
        sigpic
        "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I have never spent more than 15k miles in one car, making usually 35k miles yearly. He has to love that car! Or his financial advisor didn't do the best job providing a credit line :grin:

P.S. 1. he killed the rear bumper in order to mount another antenna on the back. He is allowed
          Jobs for stay at home moms
          Stay at home moms jobs
          work at home jobs for moms
          work online from home

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
            actually i think its pn: 25112225873
            $295 dollars for a shift knob?:hitler:
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I have one of those 1-piece shift knobs, any interest in anyone buying it?

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                miles or kilometers?

Miles... I saw it last E30 Picnic. Amazing!!!

Comment

This is a old family friend of ours (first met me when i was 11 months old ,that's how far we go back i even worked for him for awhile) his name is Ed Dittmar (Austrian ,trained as tool/die maker,so does all his own car repair) used to race downhill skiing too. has his own company Dittmar Development in Idaho now but lived in Seattle/Issaquah area for many years . has a mid 70's 911 with too many miles on it too!

as far a the E30M3 yes it was a euro delivery and he and his wife have put all the miles on the car (many traveling around country selling machine tools and his other inventions ,and it has seen top speed many times),engine has been apart twice once after blowing a coolant hose and subsequent overheating blew headgasket(wife was driving oops),pulled head and at that time he measured the cyl bores and decided it didnt need any lower end work (no measureable wear in bores). 150,000mi later started having problem keeping valves in adjustment and pulled head to find valves finally starting to tulip at about 450,000 miles so all new valves were installed dressed seats again and no problems since(this time he also pulled complete motor and again measured for wear all was in spec still so just installed new rod/main bearings, piston rings and all gasket/seals (so this thing is running on original bores pistons crank cams ....) he plans to drive the car past half million mark and the give car to one of his sons ,its starting to suffer some rust in the wheel arch areas now and he's working to repair that. Ed's always ribbing me about not driving my 90k mi garage queen M3 much but likes to borrow parts off my racecar M3 or ask for help diagnosing any issues that come up so i keep up to date on the cars mileage(figures next summer will hit 500000).

BTW he was in line to buy a new e46 M3 and after pulling this motor apart was so amazed at how good it was inside decided to keep the E30 and cancel new car order...but now he mostly drives around a in a 740i (many grandkids to haul around)so will not be racking up the miles as fast on the M3 (been trying for years to get him to bring the car to E30 picnic knowing he would win highest mileage award and he did this year where everyone saw it,but they didnt have that award this year Argh oh well),i think BMW should give him a new M3 and put this one in the Museum
                  Last edited by spdracrm3; 12-17-2011, 09:37 PM.
                  Angus
                  88 E30M3 X2
                  89 325IX
                  92 R100GS/PD
                  :)

Comment

now that is cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X