485,000 miles on an M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepp View Post
    The car was European delivery, no roof antenna!
    what?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

The big antenna was for a CB iirc

Comment

fuuck that's dope. thumbs up man.

Originally posted by yert315
        Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          what?
          A stereo was one of the few options on an M3, (overseas)...standard on the US cars.
          No stereo, no antenna! There's another one in the states, with no antenna.
          Originally posted by 416stroker
          well Fünfgang or whatever is the new ubernasty a whore

Comment

20w50 is what you should use in Cali look in your manual it has a temp gauge and recommended oils straight from the engineers who designed the car.
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

More proof that they don't build 'em like they used to. :D Nice car!!!

The rims are hideous though.
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

A stereo was one of the few options on an M3, (overseas)...standard on the US cars.
                No stereo, no antenna! There's another one in the states, with no antenna.

that car is U.S. spec. regardless of where it was delivered, it still is U.S. and has all U.S. options/standard equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                  that car is U.S. spec. regardless of where it was delivered, it still is U.S. and has all U.S. options/standard equipment.
                  Sounds good boss.

You must be more familiar to this car than I. Do you know the owner? (in the states the stereo/antenna is standard) This car doesn't have one, and it's not a pre-production model. please explain this.

I never said it wasn't a US car. :up:

Comment

Well my other M3 doesn't have an antenna but that doesn't mean it didn't come with one originally =].
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Sounds good boss.

You must be more familiar to this car than I. Do you know the owner? (in the states the stereo/antenna is standard) This car doesn't have one, and it's not a pre-production model. please explain this.

I never said it wasn't a US car. :up:
                      I deal with european delivery cars every single day.

I don't know anything at all about that car other than it is U.S. spec.- so it has all U.S. standard equipment. Just stating that because it was delivered in europe doenst mean it could have recieved any euro options on it, and I can honestly say that I have never seen a E30 M without an antenna over here (not saying that there is no such thing) but I am pretty sure for the M cars a radio was standard. my 318 has a dealer installed radio wiring harness in it though.

Comment

Unless you have dealt with every Bimmer on Euro delivery since they started the program, you cannot assume you know the whole picture.

There's actually 3 known US sold E30M3's in the states, that don't have antennas.
                        A radio package wasn't standard per say on the car it'self, in the world market, just the fact that nearly everyone wanted a radio in their car in the states, so it became a default standard item....on North American spec cars.

in Europe, it was an option, (you had to check the box stating you wanted the sound package)..quite a few cars don't have the antenna.
                        With this being a order-built car, and European delivery, the antenna/radio was (like the others) wasn't ordered.

The lack or radio/antenna isn't an Euro option...it's an non-checked option.

99% of the E30 M3 buyers, bought showroom stock. (with radio/antenna package installed)

In the mid-'80's there were the gray market cars...remember them?
                        Euro delivery, and also actually sold in independent dealerships in limited numbers to keep up with sales demands..
                        Literally a Euro spec car, except the emissions, and the speedo! Man they looked so much better with the bumpers, next to the US spec cars...
                        Primarily it was the 3 series, and the 7 series also had the smaller highbeams.

Cliff notes:
                        US Spec car, but it's not really.

EDIT: I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. :)
                        Last edited by Sepp; 07-17-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

With this being a order-built car, and European delivery, the antenna/radio was (like the others) wasn't ordered.

In the mid-'80's there were the gray market cars...remember them?
                          Euro delivery, and also actually sold in independent dealerships in limited numbers to keep up with sales demands..
                          Literally a Euro spec car, except the emissions, and the speedo! Man they looked so much better with the bumpers, next to the US spec cars...
                          Primarily it was the 3 series, and the 7 series also had the smaller highbeams.
                          you are so very misinformed over what euro delivery even is.

A grey market car had nothing to do with euro delivery. It was a euro car that was then later converted.

I will stop here cause I don't even want to discuss this any further.

Comment

Thanks, you are misinformed over what used to go on back in 1988.

Comment

sepp is dumb.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X