No announcement yet.

Nat's 88 M3 mini restoration project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a little help! I'm looking for everyone to give me their .02 cents and also advice on the "to do list" on suspension and mounts? Please give me manufacturers and materials. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Nats88M3 View Post
      I need a little help! I'm looking for everyone to give me their .02 cents and also advice on the "to do list" on suspension and mounts? Please give me manufacturers and materials. Thank you!
      If the car will be street driven stick to OE rubber.

If you plan to track the car every now and then you could do a mix of rubber and poly. For our customer cars we like to do rubber subframe bushings and poly trailing arm bushings...I do however recommend the poly RSM's though. The factory ones always seem to fail.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Thank you! I'm not going to track it but I want it to handle pretty well..there's an on ramp to the highway that its my little autobahn and love to hit this turn kinda hard right before the straight away.

Comment

Small (big) update just got done ordering all parts for the to do list except the steering rack, just need tie rods... it all should arrive tomorrow!! So maybe Sunday the tearing down starts!! I'll be taking pics i hope I can remember in the middle of the excitement.

Comment

The box O goodies has arrived!!

[

Comment

And i scored on a sport seat bottom section... for some parts needed on the seat upholstery! Also i met someone who is the proud owner of not 1 but 4 E30 M3's 4 E34 M5 E24 M6.... today i actually was FU*KIN jealous of another dude! lol... and this dude has more e30 m3 parts laying around than i could imagine.. Great parts source YUP!

Comment

So I installed everything but as far as pics none were taken it all happened so quick!! My best friend and I got all of it done in about an hour and half... but as I installed the new tie rod figured out my rack is done!! So now I'm debating one which one to get? Z3,95 M3?? I have read a few post that go back and forth on which is better. I do own a 95 M3 but never paid much attention to it, and I did drive a friends 2.8Z3 didn't pay attention to it either. Some one chime in please as I want to get one before this weekend!! Thanks in advance.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Started on my interior today as we got snowed in in VA.
                  Last edited by Nats88M3; 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

95 M3 has the 3 turn lock-lock 96+ 2.8z3 has the 2.7 turn lock-lock
                    I'm running the 95M and pretty happy- although if the 2.7 was available when I was sourcing I would have jumped for it.

hey, nice seats

Comment

Nat, i don't know how picky you are but i would tell the upholdstery guy to fix the wrinkles visible on the bottom bench driver's side corner and in the middle. Very inspirational resto nevertheless.
                      88 M3
                      85 190e-16v Euro
                      86 ae86 Trueno Itb's
                      63 Lotus 7 repl Turbo
                      93 500E

Comment

That's me doing it.. I guess you can tell haha the bottom was my first one and I was being sloppy but I have to fix it! Its easy now that I have an idea. Thanks for noticing it too! It helps when there's a set of different eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtydavid View Post
                          95 M3 has the 3 turn lock-lock 96+ 2.8z3 has the 2.7 turn lock-lock
                          I'm running the 95M and pretty happy- although if the 2.7 was available when I was sourcing I would have jumped for it.

hey, nice seats
                          Brand new OEM Z rack should be on my door step today conversion kit tomorrow! And thank you!

Comment

Rack has arrived... BMW Z3

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Also got half of the passengers seat done

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Moving pretty quickly! Why the change of interior color?
                                Continuous For Sale Thread
                                323i s50

Comment

Working...
                                X