No announcement yet.

The Definitive M42 Crank and Cam Angle Info Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info in this thread. I may be making a similar 88 pin to 55 pin adapter to run the 55 pin DIY pnp ms unit on an m42. Any idea how the base setting change when using the stock coils instead of the m52 COP conversion?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I have yet to measure the dwell on an M54 engine which is what the COP coils are from. Thus far, the stock M42 Motronic with its ~4ms dwell seems to be fine with these coils, or at least things run clean and do not seem to be overheating the coils. I need to fond someone local with an M54-powered car so that I can get an oscilloscope+current probe on there to see for sure what the dwell times are.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Hi all, I'm going to start a Microsquirt on my M42 e36 engine in these days,

and was wondering at the end what's the best.

One thing that I see is the pins 67 68 in the varg's list are inverted if compared to what's saiying in this topic (pin 67 positive).

Also from what I understand it should be rising edge , but all the setup files that I see are going falling edge , it's because of the 67 68 switched as in vargs excel sheet like here ?

At the end, is this really important or it works fine both the ways?

Comment

Working...
        X