AC Compressor wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Compressor wires

I was finding some conflicting results when searching the forums for the answer to this so I figured I just ask myself.

I'm in the process of converting my AC from r12 to r134a and the first step is swapping the old AC compressor. I originally had the Behr/Bosch compressor and bought the appropriate rebuilt r134a 4 Seasons compressor from Pelican Parts. I took the old one off last night and bolted the new one on (everything seems to fit perfectly). But the old compressor has a single wire coming out of it, and the new one has that same wire and then two additional wires coming out of a different spot on it.

Does anyone know a) what these additional wires might be and b) if I need to hook them up to something in order for this compressor to run? I can take a picture of these wires if it would help.

Thanks!

I would send a note or call Pelican, typically they are very helpful. Or contact 4 Seasons directly. I only have one wire that activates the clutch. My guess is some systems have high and low pressure cut offs and that may be what the other wires are for.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

deeclue - Please post the answer when you find it. I need to replace the compressor on my Touring and was considering the 4 Seasons compressor.

Thanks, Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Well unfortunately I've had zero luck figure the wires out. Pelican Parts was surprisingly unhelpful - and I've aways had good luck with them. According to them, it kinda sounds like my old compressor is strange in that it only has one wire - but that doesn't make sense. If anyone has any idea please share, otherwise I might be sending this compressor back.

Comment

Working...
        X