Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running this Magnaflow 16535 catback on their M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
    you will love it! OMG Motorsports had to modified the hanger brackets on the Magnaflow tho. Not sure if you will come across this issue with fitment, but initially they tried to mount it, and the exhaust tips were hitting the valence. They heated up the hooks on the two brackets, straightened them, then reshaped the hooks higher up on the bracket to allow for the tips to sit properly.

Curious to see if you'll have this issue or not. I used all new OEM rubber mounts too.
    Thanks for the heads up, man. I'll let you know if I run into the same issues!

I'm stooooked to see how it sounds. I want to know how it sounds with long tubes too....... get on that!!
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Im between this and a Stromung.. Anyone have an opinion between the 2? Its hard to tell exhaust tone in a video. I like a nice balance between throaty and a bit of rasp.
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

does it fit mtech2 rear valence?

Sig Pic Outdated

Comment

never knew this was even made......Im not happy w/ it being 2 into 1 into 2....but aside from that..

it sounds really good....and looks quality.

You all better get to OMG before they become rock stars, fat and lazy.

BTW..Al looks pissed in that pic.
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

That's cool but as a car modder I see some shit that makes me think "why they do it like that" Muffler, collector.
            It doesn't REALLY matter and I'm just nit picking. looks nice!

Comment

Hi all, does anyone have install photos? I’m puzzled how the driver side straight cat pipe is connected to the new tube. The new tube doesn’t slip over like oem. Any help?
              Thanks!

Comment

Just ordered the Magnaflow exhaust. How much extra fabrication is required for fitting this? I'd like to do this one at home (I have a garage lift and access to under hoist supports).

Comment

Originally posted by quasi mofo View Post
                  Just ordered the Magnaflow exhaust. How much extra fabrication is required for fitting this? I'd like to do this one at home (I have a garage lift and access to under hoist supports).

Are you done installing it? How's the sound? I'm leaning towards the Magnaflow because 4wheelonline is willing to give me a nice offer. I want my new exhaust to be deeper and louder than stock.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    it looks shiny but the 2-1-2 design doesn't seem good to me. that single pipe looks way too small for even a stock B25.
                    It's been 6 years since this post. But, a 2.25" single inlet is still too small for even a stock M20. I guess it's cheap and has nice tips?
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by calster View Post

Are you done installing it? How's the sound? I'm leaning towards the Magnaflow because 4wheelonline is willing to give me a nice offer. I want my new exhaust to be deeper and louder than stock.
                      Sorry, no. The exhaust has been sitting in my garage making me feel guilty every time I see it. May just break down and take it to a shop.

Comment

6yr update.

Mid pipes rusted out from NE salt, but Magnaflow honored their lifetime warranty and sent me out a full replacement...both midpipes, muffler and new clamps.

word of advice, save your receipts!

kept my old muffler, and just replaced midpipes and good as new! Still loving it. Might upload a better video soon for anyone who wants to hear it
                        www.instagram.com/snwmble
                        #snwmble

Current:
                        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
                        X