Too damn early ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too damn early ;)

Why do car shows need to start at 9-10am? I get the the fact that people that are inclined to organize a car show is the kind of person that gets up at 6 am on a weekend.....but that doesn't mean the rest of us has to. How about a car show that starts at 3pm-4pm....and we chill, grill , and hang. You know like NORMAL PEOPLE!

If someone invited me to a hang at 10am on a Saturday, I would tell them to get a life. I'll be there at 3pm when the BBQ is warming up. Know what I mean?
    Last edited by george graves; 06-03-2018, 02:31 AM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

i'll show early and stay late... you gettin old george?
    if you didn't stay up so late...??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

no traffic, enjoying coffee, able to hang out with family/friends after.
      pluses, not getting sunburned, car doesn't over heat, wife isnt out of bed and demanding you do things.
      shows start so early to offer a better life to the attendees
      Last edited by Cabriolet; 06-07-2018, 08:54 PM.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

George Graves for president
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          NORMAL PEOPLE!

I could be wrong, but I don’t think that’s how you spell lazy. Hahaha. Seriously though, if you have trouble with a morning car show AND beers and ‘que after, you might wanna have your doctor check you for low T. I hear they have meds for that now.

Comment

I like early shows. Makes me feel more productive when I wake up early, go look at cars, and then think about how I have the rest of my day to do something (read: lounge around).

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Why do car shows need to start at 9-10am? I get the the fact that people that are inclined to organize a car show is the kind of person that gets up at 6 am on a weekend.....but that doesn't mean the rest of us has to. How about a car show that starts at 3pm-4pm....and we chill, grill , and hang. You know like NORMAL PEOPLE!

If someone invited me to a hang at 10am on a Saturday, I would tell them to get a life. I'll be there at 3pm when the BBQ is warming up. Know what I mean?
              What’s wrong George, that Matlock marathon keep you up past 8pm last night or are you afraid of missing the price is right in the morning.

Normal folks don’t eat dinner at 4pm George.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Yea, yea yea. Chuckle it up knuckle heads ;)

And for the record, it's re-runs of Beverly Hills 90210, not Matlock. I really hope Kelly and Brandon get back together.

I stand by my point. 10am on a weekend.....is not a car show time. It's reheat-some-leftovers, figure-out-what-you're-going-to-do-with-the-dead hooker-and-relax-time

Not wake up at 6am, wash the car, and drive a few hours. ;) Just saying.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Currently about to leave the house at 630am for a cars and coffee 1.5 hours away.

Get to go for a cruise with friends, see some cars, have some coffee and be home by noon and still have the rest of the day to do other shit. I don't mind it!
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

yes, my great grandma really watching a good episode of "Murder, she wrote" too.
                    Last edited by flyboyx; 06-04-2018, 09:52 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                      What’s wrong George, that Matlock marathon keep you up past 8pm last night or are you afraid of missing the price is right in the morning.

Normal folks don’t eat dinner at 4pm George.
                      Yea, yea yea. Chuckle it up knuckle heads ;)

And for the record, it's re-runs of Beverly Hills 90210, not Matlock. I really hope Kelly and Brandon get back together.

I stand by my point. 10am on a weekend.....is not a car show time. It's reheat-some-leftovers, figure-out-what-you're-going-to-do-with-the-dead hooker-and-relax-time

Not wake up at 6am, wash the car, and drive a few hours. ;) Just saying.
                      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      come on man.....we know you were really watching "Murder, she wrote".
                      Jeez you guys!!!!

Making me feel old!
                      1990 325i
                      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                      sigpic

Comment

All the porsche guys around here do early shows because they go for a rip in the canyons before the show due to there being zero traffic anywhere at 7 am on a sunday.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                          All the porsche guys around here do early shows because they go for a rip in the canyons before the show due to there being zero traffic anywhere at 7 am on a sunday.
                          I was under the impression that porsche guys, being an older demographic, just naturally wake up at 5

Do porsche guys even rip canyons? I see more civics whipping it up out there than porsches...
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I was under the impression that porsche guys, being an older demographic, just naturally wake up at 5

Do porsche guys even rip canyons? I see more civics whipping it up out there than porsches...
                            sounds like you gotta start waking up earlier ;)

The only time I see nice looking old cars being driven is when I'm up there before like 8. I always see the civics/other cheap jap cars after dark.

Probably also has to do with the fact that old guys wake up at the buttcrack of dawn anyways.
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

This is exactly why I don't go to car events, everything starts way too damn early. I just don't function well before noon, I'm 40 and always been that way. I used to do it more back when I had friends that were into cars, but don't have that anymore since moving to California.
                              sigpic
                              1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Working...
                              X