• Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and it wouldn't be "m1" and "m2" if they were equal :P
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

It's Kepler's 3rd law. If the mass of the main body(m1) is huge, and the m2 is a small part of the equation It - oh crap....where's my text book?!??!
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in full view right now. Pluto is just a distant dot in a ~6"
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:

Comment

...in all honesty, just wanted to watch the latest episode of "The Expanse". Feel like such a bum waiting for the soap opera, but whatever. One of the coolest and most scientifically accurate Sci-Fi fictions worth watching. Lol
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            ...in all honesty, just wanted to watch the latest episode of "The Expanse". Feel like such a bum waiting for the soap opera, but whatever. One of the coolest and most scientifically accurate Sci-Fi fictions worth watching. Lol

I have all of the new season in my DVR but have not watched any yet. So much to do so little time.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

...in all honesty, just wanted to watch the latest episode of "The Expanse".
              I'm kinda picky about sci-fi. But that looks sci-fi- fantasy-ish. And Sometimes that bugs the hell out of me. But I will admit, "Odyssey 5" was kinda like that. And it's first few episode were awesome - and became cheesy - yet good!

I do have a beef with all the latest sci-fi movies. Gravity (As if you can just hop between the ISS and other things, it's all the same orbit!?????)

And the worst was Interstellar. My goodness. The plot was bad. The writing was bad, but worst of all, that "robot" was bad. Sure, let's make robots out of mindcraft parts. Yea, cause that's what a robot really looks like.
              Last edited by george graves; 06-08-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Bootes binary is visable. :)
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                  I'm kinda picky about sci-fi. But that looks sci-fi- fantasy-ish. And Sometimes that bugs the hell out of me. But I will admit, "Odyssey 5" was kinda like that. And it's first few episode were awesome - and became cheesy - yet good!

I do have a beef with all the latest sci-fi movies. Gravity (As if you can just hop between the ISS and other things, it's all the same orbit!?????)

And the worst was Interstellar. My goodness. The plot was bad. The writing was bad, but worst of all, that "robot" was bad. Sure, let's make robots out of mindcraft parts. Yea, cause that's what a robot really looks like.

Pure fiction is junk. When they are based on read data, I actually enjoy them.

....look at "Star Trek", we all have "triquarters" now (aka cell phone)

Movies/series I enjoyed are "Westworld" "Humans" "Expanse", defunct "Revolution" etc.
                  Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 06-17-2018, 08:50 PM.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Artificial intelligence will be the death of humanoids. The day we outsmarted ourselves will deplete us.

Again, totally dorking out...
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

What is it about me staying up 'till 230am to look at junk in the sky (specially after a 14hr day)?

Venus was awesome tonight :p
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

so if I go stare in the sky at night I can see these planets?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yup. There's lots of apps for your phone that let's you see where they are. The planets are the brightest "stars" out. In fact if you have binoculars, you might be able to see Jupiter moons depending how strong they are.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

In fact if you have binoculars, you might be able to see Jupiter moons depending how strong they are.
                            Not the free set you get from joining the NRA/AAA. You need some good lenses to see even rings.

(I just don't want the guy to be disappointed)

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Not the free set you get from joining the NRA/AAA. You need some good lenses to see even rings.

(I just don't want the guy to be disappointed)
                              No, not the rings, but rather the 4 major moons is what I meant.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                so if I go stare in the sky at night I can see these planets?
                                close your eyes and spin around first
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
                                X