No announcement yet.

$30 scosche sub box arrived today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, I am all for any and all experimentation, and if this makes you happy, WTF, enjoy, right?

My point is this: if you have $300 to spend on a subwoofer, the box I build with a cheapass amp and woofer combo sounds better adn plays louder, plus fits the car, wasting less space.

So as long as you, or anyone else has nothing bad to say about my shit, all is good, see?

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

back on topic, my box just arrived, looks fine and now i have to figure out when I'll have time to install the whole system.
      '74 2002 - Build blog at
      nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Hey man, I am all for any and all experimentation, and if this makes you happy, WTF, enjoy, right?

My point is this: if you have $300 to spend on a subwoofer, the box I build with a cheapass amp and woofer combo sounds better adn plays louder, plus fits the car, wasting less space.

So as long as you, or anyone else has nothing bad to say about my shit, all is good, see?

Luke
        Hmm, I NEVER said anything bad about your shit. Again, defensive much? In case you missed it, this thread is about the scosche box, and the best way to orient it. I'll update it (the thread) once i get mine running. (as for fitting in the car and leaving extra space, did you see the pics above?)

At first will be running a 12" Alpine Type S with dual-2ohm voice coils, powered by a PPI a500/2 wired in stereo 2x125@2ohms. The rear stage will be disconnected, mids removed, and front will run off my Dual HD radio/CD deck for now. (Before you laugh, it was the cheapest HD-radio deck i could find at the time, with the best FM tuner, and also has some other nice features like USB and line input.)

I also have a "real" 2125 super old-skool (pre-Art BLACK) PPI which can run 370w mono, and another oldskool PPI (its actually a blue crutchfield-label PPI -- anyone remember those?) 4x75 which will run 2x150 in bridged mode. These will stay on a shelf for the time being, as the "new" PPI takes speaker-level inputs, and is easier to install by virtue of it being so small.

Later I'm going to rewire the whole car, install my coustic XM6, audio control EQL, the PPI/crutchfield 4x75 running the front stage (infinty reference 5.25 coaxes which i will de-coax and put the tweets in stock premium tweet pods). These will run in active (via xm6) mode with 75 on each driver (i know, way too much especially for the tweets, but i dont have to "go there"). Then the oldskool PPI 2125 in 370w mono for the sub.

I have a ton more equipment I need to sell, but its all in storage. Stuff like never-used infinity reference 10s, some reference 3.5" coaxes, clarion 4x35 amp, a ppi PAR-224, a PPI crossover similar to the XM6 which i forget the name of, etc...

Once i sell all that stuff i might do something different sub wise... or maybe get some shakers for under the seats, etc...
        Last edited by robspeed325i; 12-05-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
          back on topic, my box just arrived, looks fine and now i have to figure out when I'll have time to install the whole system.
          Sweet! what sub are you going to use, and what amp? ;)
          Last edited by robspeed325i; 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

pioneer sub I got used for $20 and a new Panasonic 4x75 amp to run fronts and bridged rear.

The lower the budget the better!
            '74 2002 - Build blog at
            nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
              pioneer sub I got used for $20 and a new Panasonic 4x75 amp to run fronts and bridged rear.

The lower the budget the better!

next upgrade: active front stage and 1000w on the pioneer! :tsk::tsk::tsk: :pimp:

Comment

love those old school PPI amps... I have two PPI 4800.2 They do it it all-- x
                over -- front stage and sub..
                dlm Adr-Foley mixer
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X