No announcement yet.

US s50/52 vs m30b35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

area under the curve its all i gotta say... this boils down to a budget problem. are you willing to spend $1000 or $5000?... or $10,000?
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
      This is true. But seeing as I don't want to swap my motor twice when I decide it's time for more power, and I prefer n/a over FI, I want to do it right the first time. Appreciate you pointing out that fact though.

I think I have settled on the euro s52, so now I gotta start saving my pennies for that. Thanks for helping me make up my mind! Hopefully I'll be starting an ix euro s50b32 build thread within the next 6-8 months!

I stand corrected. So euro motor is s50 and NA is s52?
      i believe he says ix right here

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        I'll let you know when me and Jean race in a month.
        Hahaha wat? Ok.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
          i believe he says ix right here
          Haha, fair enough. I was talking about the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            Haha, fair enough. I was talking about the OP.
            lol thats exactly what im saying, everyone is going thru this thread talking like he is not out of his gourd thinking he is going to put this in an ix

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

The difference between the m30b35 and the s52b32 are comparable to the difference between an difference due to better mid-range and top-end power.

NA the s52 has much bigger room for improvement then an m30 does.

For boost m30 > s52

Exhaust note s52 > m30

Gas mileage s52 > m30

Maintenance work inside of an e30 s52> m30

Parts cost, and cost of the swap m30 > s52
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                hahaha wat? Ok.
                <3

Comment

Just wanted to say I rode in an OBD1 S52 E30. It was like bat shit crazy. Pulled like a motherfucker from around 3500 all the way to 7800 or so. Ungodly fucking linear power but I suppose anything is when you roll in an M10.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Yeah, impressions are really varied since everyone has a different background/context, but an OBDI S52 E30 is going to haul some balls.

Comment

7,800rpms? SHIT.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                        For boost m30 > s52
                        Thats just not true anymore. Maybe a few years ago but now you can get a sweet custom remote FI OBD1 tune from TRM and others. The only FI advantage to the m30 was what? Ability to run megasquirt? I dont see that as an advantage anymore.

Both can run ~500whp on stock internals with just a mls hg. But youre going to need ~22psi vs ~16psi to do it. Yeah, there's a lot more variables to it than just that but the fact of the matter is that 2 valves just fall on their face at higher rpm. I guess you can do headwork and a cam on the m30 to wake up the top end but id rather have vanos, lower boost for equivalent power, hydraulic lifters, COP ignition... and all the other benefits of the newer motor. Just my 3cents.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                        You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                          he didnt say it was a euro s50b30, and hes in orlando so i assume not.
                          Ahh.. My mistake. I was thinking of the real M engines cause they were mentioned earlier in the thread.. Idk why.

Comment

iXguido is a buster..... Or did they spell it "busta" in F&F?

Comment

Originally posted by SickE30 View Post
                              iXguido is a buster..... Or did they spell it "busta" in F&F?
                              Huh? You wanna clue me in on what you're trying to say here?

lol thats exactly what im saying, everyone is going thru this thread talking like he is not out of his gourd thinking he is going to put this in an ix
                              So what you're saying is I'm crazy thinking I'm going to do this? I thought the Euro motor swap was very similar to the US s52 swap?

did anyone notice that he is swapping this into an IX? and said price was no object at first, then said he doesnt want to do the swap twice then said he will swap in a NV m50 and then later a euro s50?

japandrew?

seriously tho im glad this was posted in the 24v section for once instead of the m30 section, got some interesting attention I love my m30 swap! and after hearing all this i am very glad i did it!
                              Okay what I mean about price not being an object is that I'm willing to save what it takes to get what I want. I know I contradicted my self with the "don't want to swap twice" part, but the I was thinking it might make things easier to get everything lined up figured with a cheap m50 block, then when I finally get enough cash for the euro motor, I can just everything in. It seems like a better option to me. Am I an idiot for changing to what seems to be a more logical plan?

And yes, I'm glad I posted this here too, I have gotten lot's of useful information.

Comment

fyi, IX chassis is different than the regular e30 hence the different suspension parts, and if you mean you hope to be driving a 24v ix, you are dreaming.

but sounds like itll be an interesting project, good to see more Canadians getting into the mix!

I have an m30 swap and its insane fun to drive and i didnt break the bank building it, but like most i dont have the experience of driving both swaps

Comment

Working...
                                X