Hey R3V. What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey R3V. What should I do?

So I was swapping oil pans from my NVM50B25 to my M50B25TU and I noticed something unexpected.

My oil pan has this here.

But my block has this here.

Because my oil pan did not have it here.

Is this important? What should Wishno87 do?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Take the one off the block.

Comment

Does it simply bolt in? Is there anything else that will come loose when I remove it? Like something relating to the rotating assembly?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

You are fine. Just remove the bolts off the one on the block. You have it on a stand, so flip it over and use your pepperoni arms for good measure! lol jk jk But you are fine taking it off, just be sure you put those bolts back. ;)
        sigpic

Comment

Nope, it's just secured there with a few M6 bolts, and has zero to do with the rotating assembly.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
            You are fine. Just remove the bolts off the one on the block. You have it on a stand, so flip it over and use your pepperoni arms for good measure! lol jk jk But you are fine taking it off, just be sure you put those bolts back. ;)

The bolts for the tray thing? Cant I just leave them out if Im taking the tray off?

Comment

You can leave them off

Comment

Are there TQ specs for the M50 pan gasket like there are with the M20 cork pan gasket?

Comment

Torque spec is 7 pound feet for 8.8 grade bolts and 9 pound feet for 10.9 grade, which is damn low. For all small hardware (and relatively meaningless), I just tighten until it feels tight without going overboard. Never had problems doing it that way.

Comment

tORQUE SPEC IZ LIEK 200000 INCH/FEET SO CRANK DAT BISH TILL IT STRIPZ

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
                      Torque spec is 7 pound feet for 8.8 grade bolts and 9 pound feet for 10.9 grade, which is damn low. For all small hardware (and relatively meaningless), I just tighten until it feels tight without going overboard. Never had problems doing it that way.

Alright cool. I took the tray off the block and Im off to install my oil pan :-D

Comment

It turns out the passenger side of the tray contacts the area where the holes were for the old tray so I need to cut those areas of the tray off. The scalloped area shown below.

Comment

Hammer.:D

m

Comment

Is this an either-or situation? My e34 m50 pan doesnt have the baffle and my block didnt come with the windage tray. The baffle looks like its riveted into the pan, therefore my only option is to run the windage tray. Does it fit with the e34 m50 pan?

Someone want to sell me their extra windage tray?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                            You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

What year is your engine? My 92 NV does not have holes in the block for the tray.

Comment

Working...
                              X