No announcement yet.

e28 'Green' Mounts - BITE ME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surebimmer: i posted with the intention of people copying the "design". What they do to get it right is up to them, i do have full out cad drawings if you're interested. I sold a few already to offset the cost of making mine but, I'm just not interested in selling a few parts here and there. Hey, i only posted it to further enhance r3v content, just like i did with the OBDII wiring kamasutra thread which is probably my only other useful post ever :-) so as long as r3v is helpful to me, i'll be helpful back.
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
      surebimmer: i posted with the intention of people copying the "design". What they do to get it right is up to them, i do have full out cad drawings if you're interested. I sold a few already to offset the cost of making mine but, I'm just not interested in selling a few parts here and there. Hey, i only posted it to further enhance r3v content, just like i did with the OBDII wiring kamasutra thread which is probably my only other useful post ever :-) so as long as r3v is helpful to me, i'll be helpful back.
      i bought your cad designs. that is what i'm going to make. thanks.

and it's a very good design

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
        Luis I'm going to be using your design, hope you don't mind. Getting a quote in the next few days for a run of 10.

If your going to get some of those al. mounts fabed up (for use with the e36 arms right?) I'd be intrested in a set.

Comment

I'd like to see the mount design.

Comment

now thats where i cross the line. i'll be more than glad to sell you drawings. there's a disclosure on my drawings, those can't be distributed.
            Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
            i bought your cad designs. that is what i'm going to make. thanks.

and it's a very good design
            pfff lol i completely forgot it was u... goes to show how little i;m interested in selling them. The only reason i made them really was so i wouldn't have to change the mount ever again...specially after melting an IE mount -.- glws!

edit: i forgot where the "design" was posted so here ya go..
            Last edited by etxxz; 04-02-2010, 04:20 PM.
            No more e30s for me.
            91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
              now thats where i cross the line. i'll be more than glad to sell you drawings. there's a disclosure on my drawings, those can't be distributed.

pfff lol i completely forgot it was u... goes to show how little i;m interested in selling them. The only reason i made them really was so i wouldn't have to change the mount ever again...specially after melting an IE mount -.- glws!

edit: i forgot where the "design" was posted so here ya go..

The aluminum mounts referenced and pictured above were designed and manufactured by AKG Motorsport - and any CAD drawings of our design are being sold/shared without our permission.

Lisa Kritikos
              AKG Motorsport
              www.akgmotorsport.com

Comment

I wish i saw this thread before i bought the mounts :(.

Comment

I am running E28 mounts for now. Fresh swap. Intentions are to see how it goes as I am interested. AKG mounts can be ordered if need be.

UUC Black w/ cups for trans.

Comment

At my recent track day, I caught a glimpse of my shifter moving around scarily left to right (about 4-5") as I was making my way through a quick left-right S. I haven't jacked the car up yet to look but I suspect some engine or tranny mounts to be failing. I've got green e28 engine mounts and e21 tranny mounts with no metal cups. (very little mileage on them). I'll probably be looking for replacements here soon.

I am having a hard time grasping the idea that the 4 rubber/urethane mounts are what keep the engine/tranny still during hard braking. It doesn't seem sufficient.
                    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

^^ told ya
                      Originally posted by LatAKG View Post
                      The aluminum mounts referenced and pictured above were designed and manufactured by AKG Motorsport - and any CAD drawings of our design are being sold/shared without our permission.

Lisa Kritikos
                      AKG Motorsport
                      www.akgmotorsport.com
                      yeah, and the mounts i bought from you don't fit, the angle was not correct for e30 24v so I had to mill my own mounts, after many many tries back and forth untill it sat right both mounts being the same. So, the design and drawings are mine. You wouldn't give me a refund so bite me.
                      No more e30s for me.
                      91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

What do you guys think about Silence's solid 24V mounts? I hate the idea of my driveline flopping around under hard turns and braking, but I hope these things don't rattle my teeth out.

S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                        What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Working...
                        X