5 lug trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug trailer

I'm building an e30 trailer. was sitting here wondering what wheel setup I will use to matdh the bbs rk 5 lug on my car.... Since I'm pulling the diff out anyway, I was originally going to rip the axleshafts off the outer joints and leave the joints bolted to the bearings, or make something up using an e36 front spindle somehow bolted to the trailing arm, and use e36 front bearings.

What do you guys think

find a straight axle from a different utility trailer that fits. use adapters. done.

Comment

True.. but mounting leaf springs to solid points In the e30 body could be a chore. I'm gonna stick To bottle caps for now anyway

Comment

Mount the solid axle to trailing arms to retain coils?
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

iirc E32 735il's use the same rear hub, nab that + an e30m3 bearing?

anyone confirm?

Comment

Z3 hubs work. That's what I used on my car. Never heard of e32 stuff besides the caliper being almost identical to e30 m3

Comment

I just thought of something .. I don't need rotors on a trailer so I should be able to use any e36 rear flange pressed into e30 or e36 bearings and I'd be fine? Or will the axleshaft ends not mate up to the e36 flange? I don't have axles but kept the ends bolted on to keep the bearing together

Comment

Working...
              X