In Car Camera/Phone Mount Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Car Camera/Phone Mount Users

I'd like to get a camera mount for track days, but I don't track my car too often to justify getting a GoPro. I was doing a quick research and stumbled upon something like this:

I can use either my iPhone or Galaxy phone and record my HPDE sessions and mount it on my rollbar. Pro's and con's of this setup?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Toyota Pickup

That clamp doesn't look like it opens wide enough for my roll bar at least.

Are you trying to include yourself in the video or just the windscreen and track? You can squish your phone between the headrest and seat and clamp it downward - sounds lame, but it's worked for me when recording roll races.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      That clamp doesn't look like it opens wide enough for my roll bar at least.

Are you trying to include yourself in the video or just the windscreen and track? You can squish your phone between the headrest and seat and clamp it downward - sounds lame, but it's worked for me when recording roll races.
      It would be nice to include me in the video. Thanks for the advice but I have Recaro SPGs and will have an instructor in my passenger seat so that won't work.
      Toyota Pickup

Comment

You want a RAM brand mount- nothing else is worth buying. Check out Harry's Lap Timer, you can do video with data overlay.
        sigpic

Comment

That clamp won't open far enough. Have tried it.. Ended up taking a regular mount and zip tying the crap out of it to the bar. Don't laugh, it worked for several seasons!
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
            You want a RAM brand mount- nothing else is worth buying. Check out Harry's Lap Timer, you can do video with data overlay.
            Thanks, that does look pretty good.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            That clamp won't open far enough. Have tried it.. Ended up taking a regular mount and zip tying the crap out of it to the bar. Don't laugh, it worked for several seasons!
            Understood, thanks for the feedback. I may end up trying the RAM mount as mentioned above.
            Toyota Pickup

Comment

Working...
            X