Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
    Question on exhaust...I am headed to the exhaust shop to have a exhaust made from downpipe back. Thinking of doing a 3 bolt clamp vs. the band clamp. I can never get them to seal quite right.

I plan on running 2.5" straight back to a muffler, no cat. I have been running a pieced together centerpipe to supersprint exhaust and have been getting lots of fumes in the car. It seems to be mostly in traffic and at idle. I am really not sure where its coming from. The current exhaust has joints but they seem to be sealed pretty well. I might have a tiny manifold leak but its not anything I can hear. I am thinking its working its way into the cabin from the rear of the car as its typically worst with the windows open. It almost makes my eyes water.

Anyone have a similar issue or thoughts?

Still enjoying this kit very much!
    It could be wherever your valve cover breather hose is being vented to.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

That's interesting as its not vented to anything...have a hose running to a tiny air filter. Good thought.

What are you using for a setup?

Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
        That's interesting as its not vented to anything...have a hose running to a tiny air filter. Good thought.

What are you using for a setup?

Thanks for the idea.
        Is the hose that you have close to your cowl?
        I have an M20 turbo, but same concept (atmosphere vented breather).

I have two lines coming out my valve cover routed to a catchcan behind the passenger shock tower in the battery tray with filters on it. I get a wee bit of visible smoke sometimes coming out the AC vents and behind my dash somehow when the sunlight hits my cabin just right which smells like oil/gas vapors that I assume are coming from my catchcan being so close.

If so, maybe extend your hose and ziptie it somewhere away from the cabin like your foglight or route it to the underbody of the car.

Another thought could be your transmission tunnel hole where your shift lever is. Take the shift boot off and see if the huge rubber grommet(I don't know what else to call it) is still there. Mine isn't and I'm sure I get smells from there as well - wish I didn't remove it upon installing my aftermarket shifter setup.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Awesome man, two places I would have never thought of. Will check it out. I know i have the boot but it certainly be torn.

Much appreciate the advice

Comment

Just thinking about it but what is the redline with the tune? It'd be cool of you could run to 7k with boost like a MarkD chip! I'm not sure if the torque would drop off too much for it to make it worth your while.

Comment

Are you planning on offering a maf setup or is it already being offered
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
              Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Bout to jump on the choo choo train! Any of you needed bigger injectors or pump? Planning on running 10-12 psi
                Originally posted by e30guydownunder
                Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

The kit comes with bigger injectors. No need to upgrade the pump
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002
                  1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                  https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

noob questions

Hey guys, I'm working on an install of this kit on a E30 M42 and trying to make sure things are done right so I have a couple quick questions.

I measured the stock fans at 14" and 15", would two 14" electric slim fans be sufficient enough? Or would two 15" fans fit?

I see a lot about an E36 temp switch; is this the one that is screwed into the side of the radiator? does it make a good enough difference to go ahead with that also?

I may have more questions later. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by clueless View Post
                      Hey guys, I'm working on an install of this kit on a E30 M42 and trying to make sure things are done right so I have a couple quick questions.

I measured the stock fans at 14" and 15", would two 14" electric slim fans be sufficient enough? Or would two 15" fans fit?

I see a lot about an E36 temp switch; is this the one that is screwed into the side of the radiator? does it make a good enough difference to go ahead with that also?

I may have more questions later. Thanks.
                      You can fit a 16" fan on the radiator. Yes Aux fan switch is the one that screws in side of the radiator on passenger side. The e36 fan switch has a lower temp reading 80/88, which is what you want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

So I think I pulled the right plug on the back of the head for the oil feed, but on the bag for the fitting it said some may be drilled differently, is this the case that I have, what's the solution to this, or what size do I need?
                        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Babigurk.

Comment

yes that is the correct plug to pull. Is the one smaller from the head? Finer thread pitch too? Might be m10 x 1mm which is in the later heads so I bet yours had been replaced at sometime.
                          www.classicdaily.net
                          1970 m42 swapped 2002
                          1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                          https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                            yes that is the correct plug to pull. Is the one smaller from the head? Finer thread pitch too? Might be m10 x 1mm which is in the later heads so I bet yours had been replaced at sometime.
                            The thread pitch looks about the same, but the plug from the head is definitely smaller. The car is a 1991 if that's considered newer, as far as we know the motor hasn't been replaced. So a m10 to an4 fitting should work?

Comment

So I have the kit installed and running, but its running very rough and lean, I have checked several times for any vacuum leaks. I can't find anything that could be wrong with it except for the tune. It is open downpipe at the moment, and it had a quarter tank of 87 gas that I added octane booster to til I can fill it up with 93. I have also tried the original chip and an ebay one that the car had before, and it seemed to run best on the stock chip, but was still way off. I have also tried adjusting the AFM and it helps it a tiny bit but nothing close to running good. Have anyone else had issues with something like this? Here is a picture of the finished install:
                              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Babigurk.

Here is a quick video of how it sounds running:
                              Last edited by clueless; 07-02-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

If I where you I would email the guy. Is it possible that you only have a base tune
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                                Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Working...
                                X