No announcement yet.

SoCal Picnic Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think we should stop in the bay and oregon to pick up everyone. god i really hope my engine is done by then.

Comment

You should all come to the drift event right by the Picnic on Friday, right before the picnic. :D
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

What do you guys think about this? I'm trying to get days straight so I can request the proper time off work so if we're going to combine and roll up as one we're going to need to figure out what the actual days will consist of. I gurantee you it will suck to drive all the way to WA from SoCal so I'd suggest this-

Wednesday - SoCal figures its shit out and works its way as a group up to the Northern Bay Area. We chill. Figure out lodging and what not for the night. May be in a couple of locations, or you could just opt to all pack into a cheap room. Up to you.
        Thursday - Wake early and work our way up to WA. Not sure who's coming so I can't say for sure where we all could stay, but I was thinking about stopping at Mot's house in Portland for the night as I did last year before heading all the way in. The rest of you do what you want...There seems to be others in the area that are willing to room some of ya too. If you were adventurous enough you could always drive all the way into WA that day too but I'll probably opt out of that myself...I did that the first year as the only driver, only e30. I was dead ass tired.
        Friday - Finish getting into WA, I'll be staying at James' place as I have in the previous couple years I was up there. Get set up where ever we all end up being and ready for the "Picnic" for the next two days.
        Saturday - At Griot's, I guess. Day 1.
        Sunday - XXX Burger - Isaquah. The real thing.
        Monday - Start heading home....

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
          What do you guys think about this? I'm trying to get days straight so I can request the proper time off work so if we're going to combine and roll up as one we're going to need to figure out what the actual days will consist of. I gurantee you it will suck to drive all the way to WA from SoCal so I'd suggest this-

Wednesday - SoCal figures its shit out and works its way as a group up to the Northern Bay Area. We chill. Figure out lodging and what not for the night. May be in a couple of locations, or you could just opt to all pack into a cheap room. Up to you.
          Thursday - Wake early and work our way up to WA. Not sure who's coming so I can't say for sure where we all could stay, but I was thinking about stopping at Mot's house in Portland for the night as I did last year before heading all the way in. The rest of you do what you want...There seems to be others in the area that are willing to room some of ya too. If you were adventurous enough you could always drive all the way into WA that day too but I'll probably opt out of that myself...I did that the first year as the only driver, only e30. I was dead ass tired.
          Friday - Finish getting into WA, I'll be staying at James' place as I have in the previous couple years I was up there. Get set up where ever we all end up being and ready for the "Picnic" for the next two days.
          Saturday - At Griot's, I guess. Day 1.
          Sunday - XXX Burger - Isaquah. The real thing.
          Monday - Start heading home....
          i dont know what my lodging situation would be for nor cal, oregon, or washington. will someone be nice enough to let me crash on their couch? :D

im planning on around that same schedule

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
            You should all come to the drift event right by the Picnic on Friday, right before the picnic. :D
            i'll be there, perhaps my car will finally be in order enough to get it out on a track.

Comment

That is pretty much the plan. Crash at people's houses. That's all I've done the last couple time's I've went up there. Check out the South East caravan thread, there were a few people in OR that said they could probably hold a couple or few people, and same in WA. Some will undoubtedly staying at James' house, myself included, but IIRC there was someone else (I forget who) that mentioned that they could also house someone that isn't far away. Skim through it and ask around. As for the bay area, there's my house that could fit a couple people if they wanted to crash out in the living room, but I'm not the only one in the north bay that is going that might have room available. I know Clay (clavinzero) unfortunately will not this time around though.

Comment

What would really be helpful though for room situations, is to know really exactly how many people will be making the trip, for sure. If there's a confirmed list, that'd be best.

Comment

confirmed list!

1: Jesse (may be heading up early though)

Comment

1: Jesse (may be heading up early though)
                    2. Devon (if I still have an e30 @ that point)
                    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I down to meet up in the bay area. just let me know a time to be there.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                      Instagram:
                      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                      LS Build Thread:
                      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

We will be leaving (almost 100% sure) from the Bay Area on Thursday MORNING. We are driving to Tom's (aka MOT) house in Portland that day. Please PM him about accomodations and such. He has a great house with such nice parents too. So, to the SoCal guys who are attending: you should PM JustinB about a floor/couch. Otherwise, the Petaluma/Rohnert Park/Cotati area (94954/94928/94931 respectively) has decent CHEAP hotels (motel6.com has rooms in Petaluma for $56 per night for 2 queens!... as of this morning). Like 15 or 20 bucks a night (or less!) PER PERSON if you split rooms up with 4 people... like for bimmerfest, but without Santa Barbara pricing. There is a small chance I can fit like 3 people at my house for Wednesday night... I will update that later.

I am making a Socal/NorCal combined caravan thread now...

PLEASE CONTINUE LISTING CONFIRMED ATTENDEES!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Well I dont have the dirty thirty any more so I will not be attending, maybe next year.
                          Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

So there's not going to be anyone hanging out Friday night in Portland?

Andrew and I are coming to Portland Friday night, then heading up to WA for the Griot's thing on Saturday morning.

Comment

I dunno WHAT we're doing exactly, but I still think I'm coming up to Portland Thursday, then whether we go into WA on Friday or Saturday, it makes little difference to me.

Comment

coming up to WA on FRIDAY means more E30 driving sim time!!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                                HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                                **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Working...
                                X